July 28, 2014
sport hdr
  • print
  • email
  • rss
 Tina Charles yells after a basket in the second half of the championship game.
The UConn women completed a perfect season Tuesday night, routing Louisville 76-54 to finish 39-0 and win the program's sixth national title.

UConn becomes the first team in NCAA Division I Basketball history (male or female) to go undefeated and win each of its games by a margin of 10 points or more as its 22-point margin of victory ties the second-largest in an NCAA Women's Basketball Championship Game, falling just under Tennessee's 23-point win over Louisiana Tech on March 29, 1987.

Send them your congratulations!

All messages will be proofread before appearing

Wintana Araya: THANK YOU TO THE UCONN WOMEN'S BASKETBALL TEAM FOR GIVING ME AT LEAST ONE CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE I LEAVE STORRS LET'S GO UCONN!!!!

Tiffany Norwich: YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!

Dave and Candy Marsh: The season ended exactly as it should have. Fantastic job! We couldn't be happier for every one of you.

Tony from Stafford: A season to remember for a lifetime, nope, many lifetimes! What a treasure you have created for all of us! Thank you & Congratulations!

jerry horn UCONN'56: Ladies you were amazing this evening as well as the rest of the season. I wish all of you everything wonderful. Thank you Coach Auriemma you did an excellent job with this team.

Lenny, San Diego: Congratulations UConn women!!! What an accomplishment! Also congratulations for the UConn men who made it to the Final Four! GO HUSKIES!!!

Susan,Nashville TN: I just want to congratulate y'all on a Season of Perfection! I am a HUSKY fan for 11 years now born and raised in the Volunteer State. GO HUSKIES !!!

Ken Machol-Bradenton, Florida: Congrats Huskies from sunny Florida.

Ridgefield, CT: Great tournament Huskies!!! We attended the first 3 games, but have watched you go all the way. We are so proud of you!! The Andrews Family

Carla - Sheridan WY: Congratulations!!!! I knew you can do it!!! I have been so impressed with the play all year that I knew the trophy was going back to Storrs.. My 3 year old daughter just loves to watch Maya and Tina play. She says "Feed Tina the ball and she will score". Enjoy the moment!!

Charles & Barbara Yohe: Awesome! To the players and coaches, hats off to you! You are class! Thanks for giving Connecticut residents something of which to be proud - and thank you for being a real class act. Best of luck in everything each of you may do in your future years.

Salisbury NC: Congratulations to all of you. I lived in Connecticut until 1989 and still love your school. My brother graduated from UCONN and was able to come and visit him several times. God Bless all of you!! I was very happy to see you win tonight.

Kennesaw/GA: Congrats on the great year

Deltona, FL: GO HUSKIES. Coach, you did well. Girls, you're awesome STUDENT ATHLETES. We're all proud of your accomplishments. Thank you for being such hard workers. Luv y'all.

Chris (Las Vegas): Way to go Huskies!!!

Dennis (Covington, VA): Congratulations! Does anyone think this is the best Uconn team ever?

Rich & Joan Solomson Boynton Beach , FL: You have made us so proud! Your determination, your skill, your love for the game and each other are truly remarkable! Thank you for all you have done and all you will continue to do in life. You are simply the BEST!

Robyn (Merrick LI): CONGRATS ON THE PERFECT SEASON!!!

Martin from Miami: Who says that this team is not great, of course not these ladies are purrfect!!!! Many congrats to them all and farewell to Renee and all the senior. Awesone simply awesome....

Storrs: Was just listening to coach Geno's post game press conference. It takes a lot to make winners and am proud of you all being such a great team and proud to be a Husky

Omar - Nashville,TN: Hey team i just wanted to extend congratulations to ya'll on a great season and a great victory. enjoy the fruits of your labor and keep up the good work. all the best to those departing seniors. God bless ya'll!!!

Paul ,Farmington,Ct: Just got back from the game ...great job and Thank you girls

Miakos Family: UCONN GIRLS = PERFECTION GREAT JOB LADY HUSKIES

Jeanne and Frank Effrece Brookfield CT: Once again you have "done good" You girls, win or lose, have never let us down. Thanks for a wonderful season!

Bob, Watertown: CONGRATS.....TALK ABOUT EARNING IT !

Phyllis,Vermont: YOU GIRLS ARE MARVELOUS!!!!!!!

Jasmine Lester(Memphis,Tn): great job

MARY L HARTFORD,CT: CONGRATS. I WILL MISS RENEE HOPE SHE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE. AS FOR THE REST OF THE PLAYERS, CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR. YEAH!! 39-0 LETS GO HUSKIES

Debbie( East Haven): Congrats!! You make our state proud. Now enjoy some much needed rest. Thank you again!!!

Kathy & Bill (Windham, NH): Great Job by the team, pep band and cheerleaders. What a show! You deserve it....your hard work paid off.

John '86 (Huntsville, AL): Congrats to a great team made up of one of the finest group of players (character and skill) ever assembled on one team.

denham springs, louisiana: Thanks for the great year and memories Husky girls

joseph scafati hamden: I am very proud of you guys, congratulations for being the national champion. I can't wait for the fall to see you guys again. You are the best and be proud of it and God bless you all.

Sudha Balla, Stamford, CT: Congratulations to the UConn Women's team and coach Geno Auriemma for a splendid season and the spectacular victory!

Mary, Willimantic, CT: CONGRATS LADIES!!! You are truly the CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!! What a year!!! Good luck to all the seniors!

Phyllis, Somers, NY: C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!! to my favorite basketball team.

Marie Cusano, Hamden: I am so proud of each one of you. I enjoyed every game that I watched either in person or TV. You make Connecticut proud. Go Uconn.......

Debbie- Tolland: Yahoo!! You did it!! As I knew you would. Your team is the best, the coaches are the best and I can't wait for next year already! Thanks and good luck in the future!

Lisa and Ron Penna Clinton CT: CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!! What an accomplishment..and what a way to end your season!!! We have loved watching every game ...

sammy rodriguez, bloomfield, CT: Congrats on a great season Maya Moore I'm taking u to prom May 14 2009. I'm a senior in high school :-)

Debbie Z, Trumbull, CT HDFR'78: Congratulations to the UConn Lady Huskies on a wonderful undefeated season! You have made so many people very proud to be associated with UConn, and we are so happy that the departing seniors who have given so much can go forward on a very high note. Best of luck to all of you and thank you again. Go Huskies!!

Bob, Bristol TN: Congratulations Lady Huskies! You make me proud to be a Huskies fan in the "land of the Vols!". Let's get working on #7!

Bristol: Thanks for a wonderful and entertaining season. We are thrilled for you and in awe of all of you.

Bonnie - South Windsor: Thanks for being such a class act and showing what teamwork can accomplish, you are awesome!

Kat - Cincinnati,OH: You girls are an inspiration to every girl who has ever picked up a basketball! You've worked so hard this year and you've earned every single win, and you did it class!! Congratulations!

Steve (Ohio): Hard work does pay off! What a joy it was to watch you play all year. Basketball as a team game, the way it was meant to be! Enjoy this, you deserve it!

Chris (Sayville, N.Y.): Thank you so much for this season. I graduated from UConn in 1997. So Proud of you ladies. Go Huskies!

Suzanne - Guilford, CT: Best team ever in the history of women's college bball!!! All around wonderful group of ladies. You dance, you sing, you get down to the beat, you smile, you have fun, AND you play FANTASTIC ball!!! Stellar individuals. You deserve every bit of your success. Didn't come free!!!! Enjoy the moment!!!

Tanya L - Schenectady NY: I miss being able to catch the games during regular season after having moved back to NY - I will forever be a UCONN fan! Congratulations to the entire team for a very hard-played season... you girls deserved that Championship more than anyone! Congratulations as well to the coaching staff for a job well done (as usual!!) Enjoy this, girls!!!!

Alan (Fairfax, VA): Great team & coach! Congratulations on a perfect season from a born & raised Fairfield'er!!

Pamm, Bridgeport CT: Thank you, ALL UConn players! This truly is a season to remember ...

The Brown fam - Guilford, CT: We are on cloud nine! Way to go ladies!!!

Karen -- Trumbull, CT: Excellent season UCONN is the best by far!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to all the Huskies!!!!!!!!

Sarah (Norwich, CT): GO HUSKIES!!!!! Great game last night....Congradulation on another perfect season!!

Pat C. - Tolland, CT: Players and coaches not only posted a "perfect" season, but also gave the country role models for all our kids - men and women to emulate. Congratulations!

eileen kapinos: You girls really rock. I am so proud of all of you.

Joan & Barbara - Naugatuck, CT: Thanks for a wonderful year of watching a great group. Continued success in all you do. Enjoy the victory.

Mike, Mechanicsburg Pa: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martie and John, Montgomery TX: We are AVID CT fans and have our CPTV banner hanging from our porch all season long! We are so proud of ya'll! Our tradition is to eat shrimp during the games and you will win...we ate a LOT of shrimp this season!!! Congratulations!

Melissa (New Martinsville, WV): Great Job Ladies! Another perfect ending to a Perfect season!! Loved the thrills and chills of this year and look forward to it all over again next. THANK YOU!!!!

Tricia - Southington, CT: CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a fantastic season this was to watch. You are all such incredible women. May the future bring you nothing but the best. HUSKIES RULE!!!

TK, Vernon, CT: You guys are such a treasure for so many people! Thank you for another wonderful championship and for all the joy you bring us!!

Connecticut Fan: Thank you for a great season, our brownies came to see you last year and you girls were great with them, talking to them, pictures, ect..Awesome role models **thank you!!

Kelly (Milford): Congratulations to the Huskies! Impressive season and championship record, surpassed only by the heart, talent, commitment and class of the team, coaches and staff. We're proud of you and happy for you. Enjoy your success...feel the love the state has for you. When's the parade to salute our champions?

Jerry, Lisa & Anna - Stamford: You have made November to April a joy for us with your successes in the regular season, the Big East and the national championship. You make all of us associated with the University of Connecticut proud. Thank you and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You certainly deserved it!

Robert: I'm moving out of CT but UConn will always be my team. You are awesome. Congrats.

Paulette (Illinois): Thank you Huskies! As a CT native transplanted to IL I was able to attend the Final 4. Couldn't be prouder of my state, the players and one heck of a coach! Go UCONN!

Storrs: Hey, we've got Geno and no one else does! Congrats to everyone on all your hard work. You make us proud.

Wanda: It was an honor to watch - team, coaches, and staff - come together to accomplish what you have.

Barb, Westbrook, CT: Congratulations UCONN womens basketball. This was a wonderful year for both the team and the fans. Looking forward to next year.

ben evans, charleston sc: CONGRATS! JOB WELL DONE!

Stephanie (UConn Library): Great game -- thanks for a lot of fun. Congratulations!

Rose Ct.: PERFECT AGAIN. GO HUSKY'S

Carol Stevens (E. Htfd): Congratulations on a GREAT run to the National Championship!!

Candace-Indianapolis, IN: Congrats on a perfect season! I really enjoyed watching you guys play this year! Can't wait until next season!

Vicky Cambridge, Ma: What an amazing season! Congratulations!!!

Delilah , Indianapolis,IN: Fantastic!!! ONWARD, Huskies,ONWARD!!!

Scott, - Uncasville CT: It has been a pleasure and an honor watching such a great team perform this year. Thanks for the fantastic entertainment. YOU GIRLS ROCK!

Bonnie. Lovettsville, VA: Thank you for a wonderful season of basketball. Your hard work and love for another shone brightly, all season long. I wear my UCONN t-shirt with pride. Best of luck nexy season.

Sandi/Dave , New Milford: Thanks for being true role models , in the classroom and on the court !!! WE LOVE YA !

Ron and Barb,Williamsburg,Va: Great Team, Great Season, Great Kids. Good luck in the future

Karen, UConn employee: Congratulatins to the team and coaches. Your achievements are a symbol of the many things that are RIGHT about the University of Connecticut. Go Huskies!

Joe - Southington: Congratulations Huskies - Job well done. In the words of Vince Lombardi: "You don't do things right once in awhile. You do them right all the time."

MARK & NANCY SULLIVAN NEW BEDFORD ,MA.: YOU YOUNG LADY'S HAVE MADE US PROUD TO BE HUSKIES FANS.

Lisa-Watertown, CT: Thank you for the perfect season. I couldn't ask for a better team to bring back the championship. You all earned and I am so proud to call myself a husky fan.

Mona, East Haven, CT: Thank you for a special year! It was a joy watching you play. Congratulations on a perfect year! Enjoy the celebration. Then onto San Antonio!!!

steve in Saybrook: It has been a joy going to your games all season and you delivered a great championship year. To all the coaches, managers and to all you players, a job well done. Thanks

Catie (Coalport, Pa): Congrats! I am so proud to say that I am a Husky fan! You guys are absolutely amazing and this season was awesome to watch. Nobody deserved this more than you guys! I can't wait till next season!! Congrats to everyone!

matt- new fairfield, ct: Congratulations Ladies! We'll miss you Renee!

LInda and Joe--Parkton, Maryland: Congratulations, ladies! We were in Minneapolis in 1995 to see the start of UConn's championship legacy. We happily watched you last night and are thrilled with your accomplishments.

Jackie (New London, ct): Congratulations ladies, I have 3 daughters and you are all an inspiration and outstanding models of poise and character. The state of CT sings your praises..enjoy your success!

Ellen - Hillsdale: UCONN Rocks!!!!!!!

Holly - Manchester, CT: Congratulations on a perfect season. Thank you for giving us your very best. You rock!!!

Sheila (Manchester): Thank you to the most dominant team ever. For all your hard work, dedication and allowing your fans to watch the games without any doubts of the outcome. Congrats on #6. We will miss you Renee!!!!

Sharon & Pat - Monroe: Congratulations!!!! You really worked very hard and it really paid off. We're all happy for you.

Anne Marie (RUTGERS NJ): Congratulations Ladies! You deserve the big win!!

Ct fan in AZ: Is there a better coach in the country(men or women). I would say not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Carenza North Carolina: Congratulations on number 6!!! From one Italian to another, you're terrific Geno!!

Renee Washington-Lehigh Acres,Fl: Congrats on the great year. Hope you girls have another one next year.Good luck Renee hope you have a great life after basketball.

Scott - Syracuse, NY: I'm nearly a CT native and miss watching them on CPTV. WOW what a great yr. Congrats Lady HUSKIES !

Ashley Pinkney (Vanceboro, NC): Congrats ladies on the ncaa title. Renee we will miss you, outstanding performance throughout the year. Gud luck in the WNBA!!1

Joe, Willington CT: Congrats ladies -- you've done our little state proud! I was privileged to attend all the home games, right through rd 2 of the tournament. I wish I could be there for the celebration but wanted to send along my best wishes! I especially love how much fun you are clearly having playing the game -- you haven't forgotten that it's just that, a game.

Tony Vitolo Branford, Ct.: I watched every game, I did as much coaching as Geno from home, Love you girls, enjoy the moment, like we did every winning game.

Reid - Paris, NY: Congratulations on another fine season! As a '98 Grad, the Lady Huskies have always been one of my fondest, and proudest, memories of Storrs, from that first perfect season in '95. I miss being able to watch and attend the games being here in upstate NY.

Brian (Vernon): Thanks Lady Huskies for an Amazing Season. Renee, you'll always be CT's daughter, a real class act!

Willie (greenville,sc): congrats ladies , Renee look forwward to seeing you in the wnba

The Rock Redondo Beach, Ca: All the way to California, UConn pride across the nation. What a season, what a team. Best Wishes to all of you.

Sonia (Danbury, CT): Great teamwork!! You ladies proved that working hard TOGETHER gets the job done right. Congratulations!!

Leigh-Ann, Hollywood FL: Congratulations Tina and all the UCONN Huskies. Renee you will be missed! Let's go Tina, Maya, and Tiffany!!!

Prissy in Brookfield, CT: Wonderful job by a group of super girls. I'm soooo thrilled for you! My hat goes off to Renee!! We will miss you so much. Congrats to your folks as well.

Karen-Derby: Congratulations to all of the UConn Women's basketball team. You have been a joy to watch. You are all such wonderful role models!! Enjoy every minute!!

Steve from Phx ,AZ: Job well done. I went to UCONN in the Toby Kimball era. You girls have made all Uconn alumni proud to say we are the Huskies.........

Pam - Seattle, WA: Congratulations Huskies on a Perfect Season! You deserved it all!

Bob Piersanti, Springfield Ma: A W E S O M E ! ! ! Team play at its best. Looking forward to next season already - Thanks

Denise - Bristol,CT: Congrats - we knew you could do it again! Good luck Renee - we'll miss those 'big eyes' of leadership, but look forward to the future. Thanks for taking away the dulls of winter two hours at a time!

Jeanne (Tolland) '78: Congratulations to everyone associated with the UCONN Women's basket ball program. Your teamwork and work ethic is amazing. I just love watching you play. GREAT JOB!

Adam (Green Bay, WI): It's my birthday today and I got the best birthday present ever last night. Thanks Geno, Renee and company!

Michelle (Storrs): Congratulations girls! I wish I could've been there at the game to cheer you on, but I was cheering on as much as possible in my room! The best way to end my senior year, and all of the senior girls as well! Go Huskies!

kate, ct: GO UCONN WOMEN!!! My housemates and I may go to college in ny, but we are from ct and love UCONN, go lady huskies 39-0, sisters are doin for themselves!!!!!ayo!

Pam & Tracey--Southbury, Ct.: We didn't miss a single game all season. Thanks for a perfect ending.

Kathy (Ashford): Thanks for taking all of Conencticut on a great ride. Congratulations to all (players, coaches, staff, managers, pep band, cheerleaders) for a job superbly done!

Deborah--Naples, FL: Thanks for another amazing season; I am sure that next to the question "How should a team play basketball?" it says "SEE UCONN'S WOMEN!"

Mary- Buffalo, NY: Flippin Fantastic!!!!! Good luck Renee...Tina you rocked it last night...Maya, two more years of you, can't wait...CD I heart you!

Dee - NJ: As someone who spent years watching UCONN women on CPTV and then moving to New Jersey and rarely ever getting a glimpse of you on tv, it was WONDERFUL seeing the Final Four games and your victory last night!! Go Huskies and may you continue to have this kind of success for years and years!

phil (naples,fl): Congratulations! You gave us all a great ride! Thanks for all!

Kathy, Storrs: Thanks for making the state and the University of Connecticut proud. You earned the right to be called national Champions! Congratulations!

Abbie & Ed meyer, Plantsville, Ct: Another outstanding year of Uconn womens basketball. A great team that deserves all the applause they get. Thanks for the memories.

Joe from Milford: Knew you'd be there, center court in St Louis...Congradulations on an incredible season and some incredible memories!

Danny (Phoenix): I had no doubt you all would do what you did. Great job living up to your full potential. Congratulations and Good Luck meeting President Obama!!!!

Elizabeth (Cornwall, CT): Great job last night!! Tina did amazingly. I had tears in my eyes as Renee left the court. I loved the 200% effort by everyone on the team, all of the time. Thanks for a great season!

Patty, Montana: Congratulations Lady Huskies!! It was a pleasure to follow your season and have it end on a perfect note. Again, Congrats, and Good Luck on your future endeavors. :)

Jess (Reno, NV): Congratulations on the perfect season! I can't be any more excited right now. You girls put the effort and hard work that it takes to win. Renee, you absolutely deserve this, and we are so proud of you! Thanks for the best season a fan could ask for.

Michele, Omaha NE: Born and raised in CT, and so very proud of you girls!!! Congratulations Huskies!!

chill-i, east hampton, ct: wooooohoooooo! congrats and big love to you all-(:>}=

Lemaires from IHA, NJ: To "T": We remember watching you play at IHA, knew you were in for future glory. Congratulations to you and your team! Keep in touch with IHA, you're an inspiration!

Holly - Ocean Grove, NJ: Congratulations! As a former New Haven resident, I can say that you make our state proud!!

Stratford: Dear Geno, Renee and the esteemed Lady Huskies, Thank you for a job well done. Gratefully, Patricia Ochman

Zack (Boston, MA): One of the most dominating teams in any sport ever!! Very impressive ladies.

Kristen: Congratulations Huskies! Great job and what a way to end a wonderful season. I think if I look the word "perfection" in the dictionary, I would see "UConn" somewhere around it!

Lisa Brady: TO ALL OUR UCMB KIDS!! YOUR SUPPORT FOR BOTH THE MENS AND WOMENS TEAMS THROUGHOUT THE SEASON HAS BEEN GREAT! LETS NOT FORGET THEM TOO!!

cassouca Jackson,NJ: you guys are special and i'm amazed you are my models. This team have a thing which is bless that i can't name anyway job well done girls GO HUSKIES...

cassouca Jackson,NJ: you guys are special and i,m amazed this team have a thing that i can't name anyway well done GO HUSKIES

MS. BOOKER FLA BABY: CONGRATS TO THE TEAM. G.A U R A WONDERFUL COACH FOR THESE GURLS. TIP I LOVE U, KEEP UP THE GUD WORK, AND IM HERE FOR U DONT FORGET THAT

ms.booker FLA BABY!: congrates to the team. G.A. u r a wonderful coach for these gurls. TIP I LOVE U, KEEP UP THE GUD WORK, AND IM HERE FOR U

Sharon Hill Boston, MA: I have always loved college baskball, now that my son attends UCONN thank you so much for giving me a team to cheer for and oh baby what a team

india watkins,mi: hey i just want to say congradulations you guys are my favorite team,i would love to meet you guys in person that is my dream and goal, im 16 and have a big passion for playing basketball, im proud of you guys

BILL RIGNEY/ CANYON LAKE, TEXAS: YOU ARE A CLASS ACT LADIES. THANK YOU FOR THE EFFORT THAT WILL BECOME EVEN MORE SPECIAL WITH THE PASSAGE OF TIME! YOU HAVE JOINED SOME VERY ELITE UCONN COMPANY. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Anand - San Jose, CA: Great season girls n Renee thanks for a great career at Uconn..Wish u you the very best for your future n the WNBA...Rest of the team we are looking forward to a great next season from you girls...Go COACH

BRTMOJO (Manchester): 29 baskets and 17 assisted . . . you go ladies!!!

ace-Naugatuck, ct: BRAVO ladies...Play the song...You're Simply the Best...

Stormy - Madison, WI: Piece of cake, baby!!

T Staples Garmisch Germany: Congratulations to the entire team! Way to go!!!! Made me proud all the way over here. It was more than worth it to get up in the middle of the night to watch the final. Do it again next year! All the best...

Laura (Ohio): Congrats to the Huskies on one of the best seasons ever, one for the other thumb!

Troy from Cleveland: Ladies, Congratulations on ur perfect ending. Anytime perfection is involved it is respected by all.

Courtney, Houston, Tx: I love yall CONGRATULATIONS I have been a fan since I was little back in 1995 and I'm so glad that yall brought back the championship to its rightful owner and to do it by dominating everyone is simply amazing GO UCONN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nate - Rocky Hill, CT: CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! I AM A DIE HARD FAN AND I HAVE WATCHED ALL SEASON LONG! KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOu DO NEXT YEAR!

Ruth and Freda Dacula, GA: UConn rocks!!! Freda is from St. Stephens and wishes Kalana all the best. We love watching you ladies play--class act all the way.

Sascha - Charlotte, NC: Congratulations on another great season. Good luck.

Donna Osso (Florida): Enjoyed being able to watch the game here in STL. Congratulations to all! You were awesome!

Chette - At heart, back in CT: GO UCONN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara J (Portales, New Mexico): YALL ARE SO BAD! I WATCHED THE WHOLE GAME! CONGRATSS!!

Tabatha Loveland, CO: Congrats on a great season!!!!!!

Mike from Haverhill Mass: Congrads! Thanks for the great memories this season! Im so proud of you all! NATIONAL CHAMPS I like the sound of that! :-)

Jay Johnson/Oakland, Ca: Congragulations on perfection to my most favorite sports team. I'm on Cloud 9 right now, but I know that's nothing compared to what the team must be feeling!! Tina Charles is "DA BOMB".

Linda, Torrington, CT: Congratulations to the UCONN Women Basketball Team for such a great season. You worked very hard and deserve and you are the best !!!!!

TJ (Boynton Beach, FL): Congratulations Ladies!! You worked hard and no one deserves it more than you all. I am so proud of the way you represented the University of CT and yourselves (& family). Thank you for such a wonderful season, I enjoyed watching every single minute of it. Enjoy this moment forever!!

Alyssa: Simply amazing!! Thanks for a great season!

Ron from Humble,TX: Coach,What does your freshman class look like for the 2009-2010 season.

Storrs: Huskies -- so I'm told -- enjoy snacking on Cardinals. Sometimes they go back for seconds. Also on the menu: Catamounts, Gators, Bears, and Sun Devils.

Larry - Omaha, NE: Congrats ladies!!! As a Connecticut native now living in Omaha, I make sure everyone out here knows all about UCONN!!! Way to go!!!!

Manchester,CT: Congratulations. You are the best. Pat Singleton

Kathleen - Durham, Ct: I had a feeling that when you women stepped out on the court for your first game that you would be National Champions. Congrats!!!

Chuck (Stratham, NH): You were all absolutely great. Tina Charles: when it counted, you took charge. Special thanks to Tahirah and Cassie: your hard work made it happen also.

Sandy-CT, originally St. Albans, WV: Wow, what a terrific season! Congratulations team!!! Can't wait until next year. We'll miss you Renee ("Take me home, country roads!")

The Stephens in West Suffield, CT: Character, Charisma, and Class all the way. You are all an inspiration. Thanks for the wonderful ride this season. Can't wait to see Renee in the WNBA.

Florence: Congratulations ladies on on ur national title and your perfect season.

Judi, Dayville Ct.: Your the best!!! My family and I enjoyed every minute of every game...Thanks for the memories!

eddie gales ferry: To my favorite girls comgrats on a great season i've been wanting this all year and waitied the wait has come and now were national champions. Renee Montgomery who is leaving should go out a winner:)

Stephanie, Southbury: Congratulations on the National Championship and your 39-0 season !! I never missed a game on TV this year. You make everyone proud of the UCONN basketball program by your fine display of character. Best wishes to the graduating seniors and we look forward to next year !!

ctfjr (Cheshire): Congrats on another great season and being a first class group!

Rosie, Spfld., MA: Congratulations, Lady Huskies! What a great season, thanks.

Kelly, Oakdale, CT: What a year! I am so honored you play for the University of Connecticut! We are fortunate to have you in our state! What a great dream to achieve and a great dream to inspire young girls! Thank you for all you do! Congratulations!

Larry (Lawrenceville, GA): What a TEAM! Go Geno & Lady Huskies,

Krysta, Waukesha, WI: Congratulations on an awesome season and a great championship!! I am a point guard and I hope to one day win a championship with UCONN!! Renee you will be my favorite player forever and ever. Maya thank you for showing me how hard I have to work!! Everyone else you are awesome!!!!

tom - Glenwood IA: Congratulations. Great season. Well deserved Renee. Good luck in WNBA. Lets get another next year.

Nancy, Chester, NJ: A perfect ending to a perfect season! Way to go~you girls are AMAZING! This was your time to SHINE! Enjoy the moment!

Dean (St. Cloud, MN): never have i seen a team dominate like you did this year! Congratulations!

Deepak, Glastonbury, CT: nice job ladies...the state is so proud of you!

Ariana Quinones White Plains, New York: Congratulations.

Ariana Quinones White Plains, New York: Congratulations.

Eric , Puerto Rico: I live in Puerto Rico But lived 8 years in Hartford I am proud of you girls I even cried Thanks UCONN FOREVER

scott fleshman (charleston,WV): I want to congratulate the girls and especially Renee Montgomery. I used to be her trainer at Capital/SC high school. She has made me very proud. Again congrats

John, Cape Coral, Fl: great game. congrats all around. big fan men and womens side. born and raised in conn., thats where my heart lies. love to watch u play every chance i get. see u next year. lets do it again.

Jason Salinas CA: GREAT JOB LADY HUSKIES ! 39-0 WOW!

Michelle (Cali): CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 39-0 OUTSTANDING!!! What an impressive display of natural, raw and developed talent. Renee, good luck on your future endeavors. Tina and Maya, way to make us anticipate next season. Such an awesome team a true unit of players: unselfish, encouraging, and accepting of each others strengths and weaknesses.

Lynne, W.H.: AWESOME! Way to Go! The state and the school are very proud of all of you...........

Manchester, CT: Congratulations UCONN ladies on a superb achievement. You have made your families, university and Connecticut exceptional proud of you! Your hard work has paid off! Keep going strong! - Eddie G

fredericton,nb, canada: Great season, great players, great coaching staff. Well deserved. What a feat, you join an elite few. Rick Cotter

Stefanie: Too bad the men couldn't bring it home too.

Ashburn VA: I am SO PROUD of you! WELL DONE!

Teri, Newington CT: WOW!!! What a ride! Thanks for taking us along! Congratulations to the team & the coaching staff. You're winners in EVERY way & you make me proud to be your fan!

Old Coot / Hollywood Colchester, CT: What a great year. Thank You

Deede Vermont: Thanks for great basketball

Vicki(Columbus,OH): Thanks for an exciting season!! Renee, good luck in all you do, you will be missed!! Go Huskies!!

SHU-CHI HUANG: UConn Huskies = Champions Go Huskies~~

Vongkeomany, Somphone CT: GREAT!! CONGRATULATIONS!! #1 UCONN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg, Boston: Thanks for a great season girls!!

Joe/Waterbury: Congratulations on your winning season and thank you for providing wonderful entertainment all winter long.

Julie, Windham, CT: You are TRUE champions both on & off the court. Thank you for representing Connecticut with style, grace & panache. You are THE BEST!

Laurie (Huntington Beach, CA): Congrats on a perfect season!!

Kristin (Wallingford): Thanks to the entire team for a wonderful season and the most magnificent run through the Tournament. You are such classy athletes - striving hard to be the best, but without arrogance or condescension. Thanks for keeping us cheering and giving all the girls in the state a wonderful group of role models! Congratulations & enjoy basking in the glory of a phenomenal season!!! Thanks - you were wonderful!

Louisville, KY: Born and raised in Conn. Way to Go Huskies!! The whole team did a magnificent job and I am so glad that Rene was able to go out ON TOP! Geno, you at the BEST!

MaryAnn,CT.: Thanks lady Huskies for great season!!I enjoyed every game!

Storrs, CT: Way to go UConn ladies!!!!!!!!!! I love you guys!!!

Jose from Bainbridge Island, WA: Congratulations on winning the National Championship! What an incredible year. You played with such determination and heart. Thank you for your unselfish style of play. You truly are a great team.

Sue, Glastonbury: You go girls!!!! I enjoyed every game. You really deserve it. You made CT fans proud.

Jen (Madison, AL): Great job all season. Proud to be a UConn fan. Seniors, I'll miss you and everyone else, can't wait for next season.

Ashlee, Wesport: CONGRATULATIONS HUSKIES! Yall played your heart out this seas and im am soo happy for you guys. you guys deserved this more than anything and anyone. thanks for a great year and a great career for the seniors!

Danette, Ooltewah, TN: What an amazing game!!! It has been a thrill to live in TN and be UCONN fans. We wear something UCONN almost every day; at least someone in the family. We will be getting new championship T-shirts! We miss seeing more games, but the ones we do see we love. Thank you girls for a wonderful season. Good-bye Renee…your spirit and smile will be missed! Geno, you are a truly amazing coach! Your interview last night about your team showed how much you love and care for those girls. They respect you completely. I get who you are and so do they!!! Thank you. Huge UCONN fans stuck in TN!

Dan fo Torrington: SImply the Best - but work on your defensive rebounding. ONE GAME AT A TIME Congrats

Walt (Capitola, CA): I'm so happy for all of the UConn women players. You all deserve the joy I've seen you express. Well done! A fan.

Walt (Capitola, CA): I'm so happy for all of the UConn women players. You all deserve the joy I've seen you express. Well done! A fan.

Dan - Torrington: Congrats to the unsung hero's Gartler, Hayes, Mclarren. Can't wait to see Caroline next year. Congrats!

Lisa (UConn '03 and '05): Congratulations ladies!!! You are so beautiful and talented and amazing!! You earned this! Way to go!

Julie (Annandale, NY): Congrats ladies! I've been a fan for years now, and I think you are way BETTER than the 2002 team! Don't listen to the "crazy media!" :-)

Byron (Washington DC): Congrats to the lady huskies on a perfect ending to a perfect season....

Allison (Albuquerque, NM): Great game! Bask in the glory!

Tiffany (Bartlesville Ok): Go Huskies!!! You guys rock!! Great Job this year so proud of you! So excited for all of you!!! Perfect Season rocks!!! You girls deserve this!

Grif (Annapolis, MD): Thank you for making us all proud to be UConn Lady Husky fans! What a wonderful combination of talent, teamwork, and class !

Chip Croft: Live in San Diego, formerly from CT. You women hustle more than the Lakers! Really! What an inspiration and a great example of hard work. We love you!!!

Joe - Southington: WINNING ISN'T EVERYTHING, IT'S THE ONLY THING!!! Vince Lombardi often wrote these words on the walls of the Green Bay Packers Locker Room. Our women HUSKIES epitomize this attitude.

Salvatore Carpino: Just 2 words: Absolutely Perfect !!!:)

Jim & Dee Stratford: You made our year! Thanks!

Husky in Los Angeles: You ROCK UCONN women!

Jodi (Omaha, NE): To the team, coaches and the hard-working staff behind the scenes - congrats on a great season - all the hard work has paid off!

Mark (South Windsor): How sweet it is !! And, Gino is God.

linda (Southwick,Ma): Thank you, Thank You !!! You are all the very Best and I couldn't be prouder.

Julie and Matt - Glastonbury: Champs again, classy always.

Merrill R Gerber - Preston: Had the pleasure of being there. WELL DONE!

Linda (Milford,CT): Congratulations on a great season - thank you for letting me come along for the ride!

J Grace (Univ. of Oregon): Congrats to you all! And an extra-special shout out to the homegirl T-Williams!!! Hard work pays off!

Jessica ( Waterbyr, CT): CONGRATS!!! You girls bring joy to Connecticut. Love to watch you every year! Be happy, Be safe =]!

Paige (Waterford, CT): You make me proud to say I am an alumna, UConn class of 1990...

Mary Boyd Austin Tx.: An incredible season for the lady Huskies. Am so happy for Rene to get her championship. Enjoy this time

Ron WilloughbyNorth Haverhill, NH: Congrats on your perfect season! It has been a pleasure to watch history in the making.

Bernie - Waterbury: Been a fan since 1994, Never miss a game. You are my heroes, Geno RULES!!!!!

Mary Reichert (Farmington): Congratulations to you all!!! You are wonderful role models and great people!!! Thank you for all you do for Connecticut. Great job!!!!

John and Anne West Southington CT: Renee, Tina Maya and therest of the Team all ROCK!!! Thanks fir a greeat year and the best next season!!!

Paige (Waterford, CT): What an amazing season! Thanks to all of you for all the special moments you gave to us, your fans and friends! Simply the best!

Anissa (Pine Ridge, SD): CONGRATULATIONS! Renee Montgomery your my hero!

Arlene (Norwich): It was a fantastic season. I was thrilled to be in St. Louis to share the excitement. Great Job Ladies. You represent CT well!!

Nadia (Hollywood, FL): It was a joy watching you ladies when the national championship!! Congrats!!! My 6 yr old daughter loves you guys!!=)

Pam (Windsor CT): Congratulations ladies!! It has been such a wonderful season - I am already going through withdrawal!! Best of luck to the seniors as you move on to other things. Simply the best!!!

Michael K (Manila, Philippines): Congratulations on an awesome season. You now join the list of truely special teams at UConn. Your handled yoursevles with class, and demonstrated that with hard work and a "team first" attitude, you can achieve great things!

Diana Ramirez (L.A., California): Congratulations Girls, It must be an amazing feeling to win. You guys deserved it. Makes me feel cool to call myself a Husky. =]

paul milford conn: GO UCONN ME AND MY FAMILY ARE BIG UCONN FANS GO HUSKIES

Denver, CO: Congratulations!!!! From a loyal alum grad school 1959...you were awesome!!! Jeanette A McIntosh

George Lombardi Jefferson City, Missouri: From a Connecticut native now living in the hometown of Maya Moore, a big congrats! We are all so proud of you!

Tina: Good job Huskies ! Way to go this season! And good job Renee, way to end your season with a national championship. Good luck in your future! Keep working hard girls!!

Amanda (Philadelphia): I love this team and think you have amazing talent and most of all... HEART! Congratulations on a perfect season, and although Montgomery will not be returning, I wish you all the best of luck next year!!! :)

Steve of New Haven: Congratulate each of you for a perfect season and thank you for a season of great entertainment, God bless you all and I hope you get to meet the President!

Paul C (Rio Rancho NM): I have been a fan since 1995 and every year I look forward to watching you play. Congratulations on a perfect season and another national championship.

Jonathan Cumming, GA: You Can Do It in 2010 I am 10 Years old

Huntsville, Alabama: Congratulations, you are the best

TrueBlueFan: The best season ever. You guys make CT proud. Congrats and I can't wait for next year.

claire hartford,ct: Congrats lady huskies. You earned the honor and deserve it. thankyou!!!!!!

East Haven CT: Congrats UCONN and especially to Tina Charles!!!

The Milnat's (Hebron, CT): GO Huskies! Congratulations ...we've love rooting you on all season! A job well done! We are so proud of you!

JK, Westport: Well done.

Ray Avon CT: Congratulations and thank you for such an enjoyable season.

Al & Pat Southington: You have made this winter a joy to be in Connecticut. Congratulations!!!You are a wonderful group of women and we wish you much success. Thank you for all your hard work.

Rachel Norwalk, Ct: This is my favorite team ever and Renee Montgomery is my idol :)

Rosanne, Bethel CT: Tina, congrat on MVP! I love the way you girls move that ball around the key, it's a pretty sight to watch. Best of luck to the seniors, we'll miss you.

Waterford: Congratulations to a great team and coaches. It was special being in St.Louis to watch the team win it all. WE LOVE YOU.

Germantown, MD: Congratulations Lady Huskies! You made us all so proud!

Kylee: Congratulations on a GREAT season! You are the best! I am a huge Huskie Fan!

Dele (Hillsbor, OR): I share this victory with you girls as I'm part of the big husky family!!! GO HUSKIES!!!

Terri Cimma,Agawam,MA: WAY TO GO UCONN!!!! WHO IS THE BEST IN THE IN NATION!!!! GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR

Dolores and Russ Forslund (Florida): You made two old hearts beat alittle faster and with alot of love. You are all a credit to the University and to your families. Can't wait to watch Renee play in the WNBA.

Betty Courtney, TX: UCONN Girls Are the Best! Congratulations!!

Michelle (Suffolk): CONGRATULATIONS LADIES!!! AWESOME JOB!

Kelly (Beacon Falls, CT): Great season girls! I really enjoy watching you, and you guys were amazing this season. Good luck in the future Renee. Maya and Tina,you're awesome.

Whitley Silva (Richmond, Virginia): CONGRATS GIRLS!!! 39-0!! I'm soo proud and happy for yall! Renee; you dd it girl! I can't wait to see you in the WNBA! Maya, Tina, and Tiffany; I hope to see yall in the WNBA soon too! i love yall!

CedreaMiller (St. Louis, Mo.): I just want to say Congrats to the Lady Huskies, 2009 Champs, You all did a Great Job, big fan of your team too, keep up the hard work. God Bless.

Michele (Stamford): Congratulations to the entire team! What a team effort! And I'm going to miss you, Renee. You're the best!

Lisa (Newtown, CT): Great Job! Thanks for all the great basketball this year! You make the winter fly by!

Cheri (Windham, Ct): Congrats Ladies. I am proud to be a fan. It was an awesome season. Hey Tina, I told you you would go all the way. You guys are great.

Alexandria Stamford/Bridgeport, CT: MY GIRLS HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!!!! I REP MY HUSKIES ALL THE TIME KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GIRLS!!!!!

Betty Salem, CT: Being an alumnus, I am so proud of the coaching staff, the team, and the support people of the women's team. Thank you for a wonderful season. Congratulations!!!

Fran, West Haven Ct.: Congratulations each and every one of you. What a season. You done yourselves proud! Thank you all for a wonderful season. Good luck seniors in your future endeavours.

Steve & Marcy (Westbrook, CT): You have given us many hours of enjoyment over the years. We wish you all the best and are so proud of you. Congratulations!!! Enjoy it all!!

Huskie from Southern California: Congratulations on a perfect Huskie Championship Season from a longtime Huskie basketball fan. You are all (players and coaching staff) incredible ambassadors for the University and represent the best in college athletics.

Carole (Somers, CT): As someone who was born & raised in CT, I want to thank the young ladies who left their home states, made CT their home, & gave us great basketball! Renee, I always felt at ease and confident when the ball was in your hands! Best of luck to all of the graduating seniors, we will never forget you!

Tierra Hartford,Connecticut: Great job Huskies! you girls did a really good job this season and i wish you Girls the best of luck.One more thing is Congratulations to Montgomery going to the Pros you really deserve it,i wish you the best of luck in see you in the Pros.

Bolton, CT: THANK YOU LADIES!!! TINA YOU ROCK!!! Congratulations! It has been a great season! Renee, best of luck in Minn. thanks for all the memories...

JOY (Shelton): Congratulations on an amazing season! You make us all beam with Husky pride. Renee, your leadership will serve you well in the future.

Enfield, CT: Who's better than you! Unbelieveable achievement...we are so proud

Charlene Webster (Bristol, CT): What a ride it's been. Perfection!!! Coach u r the best. See u at the parade.
Name (City):
Submit your question here:

Shop for Gear
  Dunkin Donuts CBS Xerox  
University of Connecticut NCAA BIG EAST Conference IMG Atlantic Hockey Hockey East UConn Health Center