NCAA Rules Governing Agents and Amateurism
A student-athlete shall lose their amateur status and shall not be eligible for intercollegiate competition in a particular sport if:
- The student-athlete or family member negotiates, signs or enters into any written or oral agreement with an agent.
- The student-athlete signs a contract or commitment of any kind to play professional athletics, regardless of its legal enforceability.
- The student-athlete or family member accepts or receives any extra benefits from an agent or anyone who wishes to represent the student-athlete.
- The student-athlete competes with a professional sports team or competes as a professional in an individual sport and receives any compensation for participation.
- The student-athlete uses his or her athletic skills for pay or promise of pay.