A-Z UConn Basketball Game Day Information - Gampel Pavilion
- ADA Parking - ADA parking is available in the North and South Garages. UConn offers a shuttle service with handicap accessible vans to Gampel Pavilion before and after basketball games from the North Garage only. Vans operate beginning two hours prior to tip off and following all Gampel games. Prior to the game pick up is located at the North Garage and patrons will be dropped off at the South Entrance. For return trips, patrons will be picked up outside the South Entrance and shuttled back to the North Garage. For more information, please visit www.park.uconn.edu.
- ADA Seating - ADA seating is issued on a first come, first served basis. If ADA seating is needed, please contact the UConn Athletics Ticket Office at 1-877-AT-UCONN (1-877-288-2666) or 860-486-2724. This information can also be accessed by visiting www.uconnhuskies.com/tickets.
- Address - The physical address for Gampel Pavilion is 2095 Hillside Road, Storrs, CT 06269.
- AED - An AED is located at the Fire Department Call Box in the North Entrance of Gampel Pavilion. Additional AEDs are located in the Gampel Athletic Training room and in both Gampel weight rooms (upper and lower). In case of emergency please notify the nearest event staff or security personnel.
- Air Travel - Bradley International Airport is located at Schoephoester Road, Windsor Locks, CT 06096, approximately 35 miles from the UConn Storrs campus. Phone number is 860-929-2000.
- Alcohol Policy - Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in Gampel Pavilion. Any attempt to bring alcohol into the stadium is a violation of facility regulations and may result in the guest being denied admittance, ejected, arrested, and/or tickets being revoked. Note that the "No Alcohol Perimeter" starts when you get in line.
- Animals - Animals are not permitted inside Gampel Pavilion with the exception of service animals and service animals in training for guests in need.
- ATMs - There is a Webster Bank ATM machine located in the North Entrance of Gampel Pavilion. There are also additional ATMs across the street in the Student Union or at the UConn Co-Op.
- Auto Rentals
|Post Road Stages
Phone: (860) 644-1531
Phone: (800) 447-3287
Phone: (800) 343-9999
- Cameras - Video cameras and recording devices are strictly prohibited. Hand-held still cameras are allowed for personal use only. Cameras with lenses that exceed three (3) inches or that have a removable lens are not permitted. Single-frame and flash photography are allowed.
- Cancelled/Postponed Events - In the rare event that an event must be cancelled or postponed, please visit our webpage, www.UConnhuskies.com or find us on social media for the most up to date information regarding your tickets.
- Comments/Concerns - To report comments or concerns during UConn basketball games please use the Gampel Text Hotline at 860-543-1961. For all other comments or concerns please contact the Athletic Operations office at 860-486-4712.
- Concessions - A variety of food items and Coca-Cola products are available from the concessions stands operated by Sodexo. Stands are located on the concourse near each entrance of Gampel Pavilion. Satellite stands are also available around the concourse. All full service concessions stands accept debit/credit cards. All concessions stands open 1.5 hours prior to tip-off and select stands will remain open until the end of the game.
- Corporate Sponsorships - If you are interested in sponsoring UConn Athletics please contact IMG College at 860-904-7752.
- From Bradley International Airport - UConn's campus is approximately 45 minutes driving time from the airport. Take I-91 South to I-291 East to I-84 East towards Exit 68. Off the exit take at right on Route 195 South and follow signs to the University (approx. 8 miles). Once on campus take a right on North Eagleville Road. At the second stoplight, take a left onto Hillside Road. At the fourth stop sign take a right onto Jim Calhoun Way. Harry A. Gampel Pavilion is on your right.
- From Hartford - UConn's campus is approximately 30 minutes driving time from the city of Hartford. Take I-84 East to Exit 68. Off the exit take at right on Route 195 South and follow signs to the University (approx. 8 miles). Once on campus take a right on North Eagleville Road. At the second stoplight, take a left onto Hillside Road. At the fourth stop sign take a right onto Jim Calhoun Way. Harry A. Gampel Pavilion is on your right.
- From Boston - UConn's campus is approximately 1.5 hours driving time from Boston. From the Mass Pike, take I-84 West to Exit 68. Off the exit take at right on Route 195 South and follow signs to the University (approx. 8 miles). Once on campus take a right on North Eagleville Road. At the second stoplight, take a left onto Hillside Road. At the fourth stop sign take a right onto Jim Calhoun Way. Harry A. Gampel Pavilion is on your right.
- From Providence - UConn's campus is approximately one and one quarter hour from Providence. From Route 295 take Exit 5-6, following the sings to Hartford. Take Route 6 West to Route 101 West to Route 44 West. Take a left onto Route 195 South. Once on campus take a right on North Eagleville Road. At the second stoplight, take a left onto Hillside Road. At the fourth stop sign take a right onto Jim Calhoun Way. Harry A. Gampel Pavilion is on your right.
- From New York - UConn's campus is approximately 1.5 hours to 2 hours from New York. Take 95 North to 91 North to 84 East. From 84 East take Exit 68. Off the exit take at right on Route 195 South and follow signs to the University (approx. 8 miles). Once on campus take a right on North Eagleville Road. At the second stoplight, take a left onto Hillside Road. At the fourth stop sign take a right onto Jim Calhoun Way. Harry A. Gampel Pavilion is on your right.
- Doors (entrance into arena) - All patrons' purses, tote bags, diaper bags, and medical bags are subject to search upon entry Gampel Pavilion on game day. For more information about what is permitted, please see the Prohibited Items section below in this guide. Please read carefully to identify the proper entrance into Gampel Pavilion and note the entrance opening times and other pertinent information.
- General Public Entrances - The general public entrance doors to Gampel Pavilion are located at the North, South, and East Entrances. All general public entrances are open 1.5 hours prior to tip-off. Please see below for the recommended entrance based on section number.
- North Entrance: Sections 11-14, 101-102, 118-124, 201-203, 218-223
- East Entrance: Sections 1-3, 104-109, 203-209
- South Entrance: Sections 4-10, 109-117, 209-217
- Media Will Call Entrance - The media will call entrance doors to Gampel Pavilion are located at the West Entrance and open 1.5 hours prior to tip-off. Entrance is ADA accessible.
- Student Entrances - Students are encouraged to enter Gampel Pavilion through the North and East Entrances.
- UConn and Visiting Team Player/Guest Entrance - The UConn and Visiting Team Player/Guest entrance doors are located at the West Entrance and open 1.5 hours prior to tip-off. All individuals picking up a ticket must present a valid photo ID. Entrance is ADA accessible.
- Will Call (general public) - General public will call is located in the North Entrance at the Gampel Athletic Box Office.
- Electronic Ticket Scanning - All tickets will be electronically scanned in order to verify authenticity. Tickets which have been scanned upon entry cannot be used by any other guest. Any ticket issues on game day should be directed to the Athletic Ticket Office located at the North Entrance.
- Elevators - An ADA accessible elevator is available to all patrons in need and is located near the West Entrance of Gampel Pavilion. For assistance, please contact the nearest security or event staff member. The elevator provides service to the floor and concourse level of Gampel.
- Emergency Contact - In the event of an emergency, please notify the nearest police officer or event staff personnel
- Emergency Evacuation - In the event that UConn determines that it is necessary to evacuate the arena, an announcement will be made by the public address announcer advising fans of the need to leave the arena. This announcement should also be accompanied with a video board announcement detailing further instructions. Upon hearing the announcement fans are advised to exit the arena in a calm and orderly fashion. Staff members have been trained in emergency preparedness and will assist fans as needed.
- Emergency Preparedness - Guests are encouraged to follow the emergency preparedness guidelines outlined below in the case of emergency.
- During any emergency inside the arena, follow the directions of the public address announcer, event staff, and emergency responders.
- Always designate a pre-determined location both inside and outside of Gampel Pavilion to meet friends and family in case you get separated or in the event of an emergency.
- Upon arriving at your seat location, find the nearest exit and locate an alternate exit in case of emergency.
- If you see or become aware of any activity that is unusual, suspicious, or causes you concern, report the activity to the nearest police officer or event staff.
- Emergency vehicles may be present in and around the arena. Please do not obstruct the path of travel of an emergency vehicle or interfere in any way with their operations. Vehicles blocking emergency vehicles, exits, or traffic are subject to being towed at the owner's expense. Please do not obstruct any exits or exit pathways.
- Monitor the weather prior to the game. Take the necessary precautions to protect your family and friends should severe weather be encountered before, during, or after the game.
- Event Staff - Event Staff can be identified by the bright yellow jackets labeled "Event Staff". Please notify the nearest event staff member if you have any questions or concerns throughout the game.
- Exit/Re-entry Privileges - Exiting and reentering the arena with the same ticket is NOT permitted. Gampel Pavilion is a “no re-entry” facility.
- Fan Behavior - UConn and the NCAA promote good sportsmanship. UConn Athletics expects all guests to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times before, during, and after the game. We anticipate all guests will treat other guests, players, coaches, and officials with courtesy and in a positive manner. Violators are subject to ejection and possible arrest. Repeated offenses will result in the loss of season or student ticket privileges.
Guests of UCONN Athletics are expected to:
- Be prepared to show ticket stubs when entering any assigned seating location.
- Sit in assigned seats to avoid inconveniencing other guests
- Keep aisles clear at all times
- Be prepared to show your ticket stub when you enter your assigned seating location
- Refrain from entering the playing surface, throwing objects or any other actions that may prove hazardous. Offenders will be ejected and are subject to arrest and prosecution.
Guests should contact an event staff member if they feel someone around them is acting inappropriately. If you need help at a game:
- Contact the nearest event staff member.
- Text your issue and location to the Gampel Text Hotline at 860-543-1961 – message and data rates may apply.
- First Aid - If medical attention is needed, please notify the nearest event staff personnel or police officer. Arena staff will call for immediate response and assistance in emergency situations.
- Food and Beverage - All outside food and beverage is prohibited from Gampel Pavilion. Numerous concessions stands are located throughout the arena to provide food and beverage to guests. Cash, credit, and debit cards are all acceptable forms of payment.
- Game Dates & Times - UConn Athletics game dates and times are subject to change. This information will be available immediately on www.UConnhuskies.com or by calling the Athletic Ticket Office at 860-486-2724.
- GPS Address - 2095 Hillside Drive, Storrs CT 06269
- Harry A. Gampel Pavilion Facts - Primary on campus home arena to the UConn Huskies men's basketball, women's basketball, and volleyball teams.
- Opened - January 1990
- Renovation/Expansion - 1996
- Seating Capacity - 9,842
- Part of the UConn Sports Center Complex
- First Basketball Game - #20 UConn Men's Basketball vs. #15 Saint John's on January 27th 1990; UConn won by a score of 72-58.
- Facility additionally houses two strength and conditioning locations, athletic training room, multiple athletic offices, golf practice facility, locker rooms, equipment room, and the Wolff-Zackin Natatorium.
- Largest on-campus basketball arena in New England.
- Hotel Accomodations -
||Distance from Gampel
||315 Trumbull Street
Hartford, CT 06103
|Hartford Marriott Downtown
||200 Columbus Boulevard
Hartford, CT 06103
|Holiday Inn Express
||346 Kelly Road
Vernon, CT 06066
|Manchester Residence Inn
||201 Hale Road
Manchester, CT 06042
|Nathan Hale Inn
||855 Bolton Road
Storrs, CT 06268
||50 Morgan Street
Hartford, CT 06120
- Intoxicated Guests - Gampel Pavilion reserves the right to deny entry to any guest that appears to be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. An intoxicated guest may also be ejected from the venue and may be subject to legal action.
- Junior Huskies Club - The UConn Junior Club, sponsored by Webster Bank, is the Official Kids Club of the UConn Huskies. All children ages thirteen (13) and under are eligible to register for the Junior Husky Club (due to NCAA rules). For more information or to become a member please visit www.juniorhusky.com or email Elise at juniorhusky@UConn.edu.
Lost and Found - If any article is lost or found in the stadium it should be given to any event staff member or police officer. For information on lost items following home games please call the Event Operations office at 860-486-4712.
- Lost Patrons/Children - Please contact the nearest event staff or law enforcement personnel immediately should a member of your party become separated. A UConn representative will stay with you until the missing person is found.
- Mascot - Jonathan the Husky is the official mascot of UConn Athletics.
- Media - Media may enter Gampel Pavilion though the West Entrance. Media will call is also located at this entrance. Valid photo identification is required in order to pick up tickets left at the media will call table. Upon entering, bags will be inspected and tagged accordingly. Only credentialed personnel will be allowed into the designated media areas.
- Merchandise - UConn apparel is sold at the UConn Co-Op, located across Jim Calhoun Way directly adjacent to the East Entrance of Gampel Pavilion.
- Parking -
- South Garage- $12- Located directly across from Gampel Pavilion on Jim Calhoun Way. South Garage provides patrons with convenient game day parking.
- North Garage- $9- Located on Hillside Road, the North Garage is just a short walk to Gampel Pavilion.
- ADA Parking- ADA Parking is available in both the North and South Garages. UConn offers a shuttle service with handicap accessible vans starting 2 hours before and following every basketball game from the North Garage only. For more information, please visit www.park.UConn.edu.
- For information about designated lots, call Parking Services at 860-486-4930. For a map of parking lots please go to the UConn Parking Services Map.
- Parking Disclaimer - UConn assumes no responsibility for loss through fire, theft, collision, or otherwise to the car or contents. Vehicles are parked at the owner's expense. Please make sure to lock your vehicle and keep all valuables stored on your person.
- Police - UConn Police are present on game days to ensure the safety of student athletes, coaches, and spectators. The nearest police station is located on the Storrs Campus at 126 North Eagleville Drive, Storrs, CT 06268. The phone number is 860-486-4800. All Emergencies Dial 911.
- Programs - Programs are available for sale at merchandise locations and throughout the arena.
- Prohibited Actions/Items - To ensure that all fans have a safe and enjoyable visit to Gampel Pavilion for all UConn Athletic events, the following actions are prohibited:
- Throwing or kicking objects in the seating areas
- Unauthorized entry into the playing surface
- Disorderly conduct (including the use of profanity or offensive language)
- Standing/sitting in aisle ways, ramps and walkways
- Ticket scalping (inside or outside the arena)
- To ensure that all fans have a safe and enjoyable visit to Gampel Pavilion for all UConn Athletic events, the following items are prohibited:
- Any item deemed by management to be dangerous or inappropriate
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Animals except designated assistance animals
- Artificial noise makers including whistles and airhorns
- Audio or video recording equipment
- Bags or purses larger than 12" x 12" x 6"
- Cameras with lenses larger than 3"
- Cameras with a detachable lens
- Coolers, cans, glass bottles, flasks, or any outside food or beverage
- Large or inappropriate banners/flags
- Laser pointers
- Promotional items with commercial information not approved by UConn Athletics
- Weapons of any kind including weapons carried with a permit
All guests are subject to search at the management's discretion. Guests with prohibited items will be asked to dispose of them upon entry or return these items to their vehicles. UConn reserves the right to deny anyone or anything from entering the arena.
- Public Address System - The public address system's purpose is to disseminate information pertaining to the athletic event taking progress. All emergency announcements will be made over the public address system.
- Questions - Questions not answered in this comprehensive guide may be directed to the UConn Athletics Department by calling 860-486-4712 or by email at email@example.com.
- Radio - The official radio station of UConn Athletics is the UConn/IMG Radio Network. Radio coverage information on a game by game basis can be found at www.UConnhuskies.com.
- Restrooms - Restrooms inside Gampel Pavilion will open 1.5 hours prior to tip-off. Men's Restrooms are located near the East and West Entrances. Women's Restrooms are located near the North and South Entrances. All restrooms are accessible for persons with disabilities. All restrooms are equipped with baby changing stations.
- Seating - Gampel Pavilion has an official seating capacity of 9,842. Please click here to view Gampel Pavilion's seating chart.
- Shuttle Service - UConn offers an ADA only shuttle service with handicap vans from the North Garage to Gampel Pavilion. Handicap accessible vans operate two (2) hours prior to and following all Gampel games. For more information please visit www.park.UConn.edu.
- Smoking Policy - In accordance with University policy, smoking is not permitted anywhere inside Gampel Pavilion.
- Social Media - Follow UConn Athletics on Twitter @UConnHuskies and on Facebook at the UConn Huskies official page.
- Student Tickets/Seating - For ticket information please contact the UConn Athletics Ticket Office at athtickets@UConn.edu or by telephone at 1-877-AT-UCONN (1-877-288-2666) or 860-486-2724. This information may also be accessed by visiting www.UConnhuskies.com/tickets.
- Men's Basketball Student Sections: 101-105, 201-205, 213-217
- Women's Basketball Student Sections: 101-105, 201-205
- Tailgating Policy - Tailgating is prohibited on UConn property.
- Text Message Service - UConn Athletics is offering Husky fans a way to discreetly and instantly alert stadium personnel of any issues; such as unruly behavior, housekeeping, or any other event related concerns.
- Text issue and location to the Gampel Text Hotline at 860-543-1961
- Tickets - Tickets for UConn Basketball games may be purchased prior to game day by visiting www.UConnhuskies.com/tickets or by calling the Athletic Ticket Office at 1-877-AT-UCONN (1-877-288-2666) or 860-486-2724. All guests over the age of two (2) years of age must have a ticket for admittance to the game. Patrons with ticketing problems on game day should go to the Gampel Pavilion Ticket Office located at the North Entrance.
- Main Ticket Office Hours - Tickets may be purchased at the main ticket office Monday thru Friday anytime from 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM, located in the Field House on Hillside Road.
- Game Day Hours - The Gampel Pavilion Ticket Office is located at the North Entrance and will be open 1.5 hours prior to tip-off until halftime. If available, tickets can be purchased at the Ticket Office window located at the North Entrance of Gampel Pavilion.
- Ticket Policies - All persons over the age of two must have a ticket for admission.
- Student Tickets - UConn Student Tickets are valid ONLY for UConn students with a valid student ID card. ID must be presented with ticket upon entering the arena.
- Lost, Stolen, or Misplaced Tickets – If you have any ticket issues prior to game day, please contact the UConn Ticket office by calling 1-877-AT- UCONN (1-877-288-2666) or 860-486-2724 or by stopping by the main ticket office in the Field House Monday thru Friday during normal business hours. On game day, please direct all ticket questions to the Gampel Ticket Office located at the North Entrance.
- Online Ticket Sales - The UConn Athletic Ticket website is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can be found by visiting www.UConnhuskies.com/tickets and allows you to:
- Purchase Tickets - Buy tickets directly from the UConn Athletic Department when available.
- Renew Tickets - Renew your season tickets online in a matter of minutes.
- Ticket Marketplace - Buy and sell unused tickets from UConn season ticket holders.
- Ticket Transfer - Transfer unused tickets to family and friends.
- Re-entry - Re-entry is NOT permitted into Gampel Pavilion.
- Will Call - Please see below for will call locations at Gampel Pavilion:
- General Public - Gampel Athletic Ticket Office located at the North Entrance
- UConn Player Guest - Gampel Pavilion West Entrance. Valid photo ID required for ticket pick up.
- Visiting Team Player Guest - Gampel Pavilion West Entrance. Valid photo ID required for ticket pick up.
- Media - Gampel Pavilion West Entrance. Valid photo ID required for ticket pick up.
- Umbrellas - Umbrellas are prohibited from Gampel Pavilion.
- Video Cameras - Video cameras are strictly prohibited in Gampel Pavilion.
- Visiting Team Fans - Visiting team fans are guests of Gampel Pavilion and are held to the same fan behavior conduct standards outlined above. Harassment of the visiting team or its fans will not be tolerated and may result in ejection of the offender.
Visiting Team Will Call is located at the West Entrance of Gampel Pavilion. Visiting Team tickets may be picked up 1.5 hours prior to tip-off. Ticket distribution is determined by the visiting team. Identification is required in order to pick up tickets left at will call. By NCAA rule, all guests picking up UConn and Visiting Team Player/Guest Tickets must provide valid identification, sign for their ticket, and immediately enter the stadium.
For more ticket information visit www.UConnhuskies.com/tickets or contact the Athletic Ticket Office at 1-877-AT-UCONN (1-877-288-2666) or 860-486-2724.
- WiFi - Currently, WiFi is not available at Gampel Pavilion.
Will Call - Will call tickets can be picked up at the designated location (listed below) starting 1.5 hours prior to tip-off and ending at halftime.
- General Will Call - A guest picking up will call tickets must bring the credit card used to purchase the tickets along with a form of identification. In addition, the name on the credit card must be the same as the person picking up the tickets.
- Location - North Entrance of Gampel Pavilion at the Gampel Athletic Ticket Office
- Hours - Opens 1.5 hours prior to tip-off until halftime and then is moved to the event staff location in the West Entrance.
- Media Will Call - All media credentials should be requested by the media through UConn's Sports Information Department. All guests picking up tickets at will call must present a valid state issued photo driver's license or identification card.
- Location - West Entrance of Gampel Pavilion
- Hours - Opens 1.5 hours prior to tip-off until halftime.
- UConn Player Guest Will Call - All guests picking up tickets at will call must present a valid state issued photo driver's license or identification card. By NCAA rule, all guests picking up UConn Player/Guest Tickets must provide valid identification, sign for their ticket, and immediately enter the stadium.
- Location - West Entrance of Gampel Pavilion
- Hours - Opens 1.5 hours prior to tip-off until halftime.
- Visiting Team Player Guest Will Call - All guests picking up visiting team tickets at will call must present a valid state issued photo driver's license or identification card. By NCAA rule, all guests picking up Visiting Team Player/Guest Tickets must provide valid identification, sign for their ticket, and immediately enter the stadium.
- Location - West Entrance of Gampel Pavilion
- Hours - Opens 1.5 hours prior to tip-off until halftime.