Promotional Activity General Policies
Donation Request Form
In order for your donation request to be considered, please complete the form and email it to email@example.com. Any supporting 501(C) documentation and event literature must be included. Requests received by fax or standard mail will no longer be accepted.
- The necessary application must be completed in its entirety, a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the requested deadline, before UConn Athletics will consider the request.
- Completion of a request form in a timely manner, and approval from the Compliance Office, does not guarantee the Athletic Marketing Office will fulfill the request.
- UConn Athletics items will not be donated to other colleges or universities.
- Pursuant to NCAA regulations, items will not be donated to any entity that benefits a high-school, high-school aged students, or affiliates of any high-school aged students.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is UConn Athletics able to accept personal items, such as a T-shirt or ball, to be autographed by members of the team?
Due to the volume and frequency of requests, UConn Athletics cannot accept items to be autographed. If the Division of Athletics is able to provide an autographed item, UConn will provide it. Any item received by the Division of Athletics will be returned unsigned.
2. Can an autographed item be purchased from UConn Athletics?
No. The Division of Athletics is not in the business of selling autographed items. Some donated items, however, do require a handling charge.
3. Will UConn Athletics donate an autographed item to an entity outside the state of Connecticut?
No. Due to the volume of requests, the Division of Athletics is able to donate items only to charitable entities within the state of Connecticut.
4. Can an autographed item be used as an auction or raffle item at a fundraiser?
Yes (with approval from the Compliance Office).
5. Does UConn Athletics make autographed items available to individuals?
The UConn Division of Athletics provides autographed items to charitable, educational, and some institutional entities. Typically this is limited to organizations, not individuals.
6. Will UConn Athletics consider a donation for the benefit of a religious organization?
7. Will UConn Athletics consider a donation to a profitable corporate entity?
No. This rule is strictly enforced and governed by the NCAA. UConn Athletics is also prohibited from providing any item to a charitable organization/event that is sponsored or cosponsored by a commercial entity.
8. I received an item for a charitable organization last year. Can I receive another item this year?
The UConn Division of Athletics will provide a maximum of one autographed item per organization, per year. Receipt of an item in no way guarantees subsequent donations.
9. Will UConn student-athletes make personal appearances?
Student-athletes are not permitted to make appearances during their season. The Compliance Office must approve all student-athlete appearances. Even if the University approves the request, there is no guarantee that the student-athlete will be willing and able to fulfill the request.