UConn Athletics - Promotional Activities
In order for your donation request to be considered, please complete the form and click "Submit" in the upper right corner of the document. A submitted document will automatically be emailed to UConn Athletics for consideration. You may also complete/save the document and email it to email@example.com. All forms must be submitted electronically. Requests received by fax or standard mail will no longer be accepted. Please provide any supporting 501(C) documentation or event literature as well.
- The necessary application must be completed in its entirety, a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the requested deadline, before UConn Athletics will consider the request.
- Completion of a request form in a timely manner, and approval from the Compliance Office, does not guarantee the Athletic Marketing Office will fulfill the request.
- UConn Athletics items will not be donated to other colleges or universities.
- Please note that UConn Athletics no longer provides autographed items as an option for charitable donations. All approved donation requests will be considered for tickets to select athletic events. Both the selected game and seat location/seat type is at the discretion of the UConn Athletic Department.
- Pursuant to NCAA regulations, items will not be donated to any entity that benefits a high-school, high-school aged students, or affiliates of any high-school aged students.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is UConn Athletics able to accept personal items, such as a T-shirt or ball, to be autographed by members of the team?
Due to the volume and frequency of requests, UConn Athletics cannot accept items to be autographed. If the Division of Athletics is able to provide an autographed item, UConn will provide it. Any item received by the Division of Athletics will be returned unsigned.
2. Can an autographed item be purchased from UConn Athletics?
No. The Division of Athletics is not in the business of selling autographed items. Some donated items, however, do require a handling charge.
3. Will UConn Athletics donate an autographed item to an entity outside the state of Connecticut?
No. Due to the volume of requests, the Division of Athletics is able to donate items only to charitable entities within the state of Connecticut.
4. How are seats/games determined for my desired sport?
Only one team/venue will be selected from all desired options on the donation request form. Athletics reserves the right to select the game and seat type based on availability.
5. How will I receive the donated tickets?
All donated tickets will be sent electronically (emailed) to the organization's contact listed on page 1 of the Donation Request Form (unless otherwise specified).
6. Will UConn Athletics consider a donation for the benefit of a religious organization?
7. Will UConn Athletics consider a donation to a profitable corporate entity?
No. This rule is strictly enforced and governed by the NCAA. UConn Athletics is also prohibited from providing any item to a charitable organization/event that is sponsored or cosponsored by a commercial entity.
8. I received an item for a charitable organization last year. Can I receive another item this year?
The UConn Division of Athletics will provide a maximum of one autographed item per organization, per year. Receipt of an item in no way guarantees subsequent donations.
9. Will UConn student-athletes make personal appearances?
Student-athletes are not permitted to make appearances during their season. The Compliance Office must approve all student-athlete appearances. Even if the University approves the request, there is no guarantee that the student-athlete will be willing and able to fulfill the request.