Austin, Texas - The UConn baseball team dropped the rubber game of the series to the Texas Longhorns 9-3 on Sunday afternoon at UFCU Disch-Falk Field.
The Huskies threatened in the top of the first inning when Zac Susi doubled into the right center field gap, Prato attempted to score from first but was down at the plate on an 8-6-2 relay.
The Longhorns quickly followed with a three spot in the first, to take the 3-0 advantage. Alex LeFevre cut into the deficit in the second with an RBI double off the fence in right center.
Junior outfielder Isaac Feldstein delivered his third double of the series, an RBI double, to bring the Huskies to within a run in the third. Trailing 3-2, the Huskies had runners at second and third with one out but a line drive double play ended the threat.
Gnesda plated the third run of the day for the Huskies in the eighth, grabbing his second hit of the ballgame.
Mason Feole pitched well out of the bullpen for the Huskies, pitching 3.2 innings, allowing three hits and striking out six in his first appearance out of the pen this year.
The Huskies return to action next week at the Stetson Tournament in DeLand, Fla. against Western Michigan on Friday, March 3 at 1 p.m.
Be sure to follow @UConnBaseball for continued coverage and updates of the Huskies all season long.
- Huskies record third double-digit hit game with 10 hits on Sunday.
- Isaac Feldstein, Anthony Prato and Zac Susi have reached base in every game this season.
- Kenny Bergmann registered his first at-bat as a Husky when he pinch-hit in the ninth inning.
- Feldstein, Gnesda and Prato each notched multi-hit performances on Sunday.
- Trevor Holmes made his first appearance for the Huskies.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS