Storrs, Conn. - A dominant performance on the mound for Mason Feole spurs Huskies to 4-0 win and sweep of Memphis.
UConn (19-10, 6-0 American) received a career-high eight shutout innings from the freshman left-hander. Feole gave up just four hits and retired the last 10 batters that he faced. Feole is the first pitcher to start the season 5-0 since Jordan Tabakman in 2013.
Feole's eight innings of work is the most by a UConn starter this season.
Ryan Radue (Appleton, Wisc.) closed out the sweep with a scoreless ninth inning. It was the first time Radue has pitched in a game at J.O. Christian Field since beating cancer. His last appearance in Storrs was on April 17, 2015 against East Carolina.
The Huskies did not need much offense on Sunday; Jack Lambrecht (Westerly, R.I.) contributed his first career RBI in the second on a fielder's choice to make it 1-0.
The redshirt freshman followed it up in the sixth inning with his first extra-base hit of his career. A two-out RBI triple scored John Toppa to push the UConn lead to 2-0.
In the eighth, Conor Moriarty (West Springfield, Conn.) provided a two-run single into center field to add insurance and make it 4-0 Huskies.
The 6-0 start to conference play is the first time the Huskies have won their first six conference games since 1976 when the Huskies were in the Yankee conference.
- Mason Feole becomes the first pitcher since Jordan Tabakman back in 2013 to start the season 5-0.
- The eight innings of work for Feole is the most by a UConn starter this season.
- The 6-0 start to conference play is the first time the Huskies have won their first six conference games since 1976 when the Huskies were in the Yankee conference.
- The Huskies notched their third shutout of the season.
- UConn has registered four-straight double-digit hit games
- Huskies have won six-straight conference games at J.O. Christian Field and won 12-straight conference regular season games. Won 16 of 17 wins in conference including conference tournament.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS