June 5, 2010
Box Score |
No. 2 Seed Connecticut vs. No. 4 Seed Central Connecticut
- Central Connecticut is the home team.
- Connecticut leads the series coming into today 22-8
- Lost to Oregon last night 5-3.
- LJ Mazzilli hit a 2-RBI single to get Connecticut on the board in the first inning.
- George Springer hits his eighteenth homerun of the season. He is now tied with Jason Grabowski for third in the record book.
- George Springer increased the season record for runs scored to 84 with five today.
- Mike Nemeth hit five times to extend the season record to 97.
- Mike Olt hits homerun 22 and 23 to extend the lead for the season record, and takes over first in the career record book with 44.
- Mike Olt batted in four runners in two appearances in the fourth.
- Mike Olt hit four times to jump from sixth to a tie for third in the record books with 83 hits on the season.
- Mike Olt's 8-RBI game brings him to 76 and within five of teammate Mike Nemeth for the season record. Olt also takes over first place for career RBI with 177.
- Mike Olt scored 3 times to tie with Jason Edgar for third on the season list with 67.
- George Springer extends season hits record to 96.
- Billy Ferrier and Nick Ahmed each leapt over teammate George Springer in the season record book with four hits for a total of 80 respectively.
- First NCAA Tournament win since 1979.
- Connecticut has hit safely in all innings this tournament.
- Connecticut's 26 hits are a season high.
- Connecticut plays tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. against the winner of Florida State and Oregon.
- George Springer's five runs is second all time. He is tied with four others.
- Mike Olt's 12 total bases ranks second.
- Mike Olt's 8-RBI in a game ranks second to Kevin Brown who had 10 against Miami (FL) vs Stetson on May 27, 2001.
- Connecticut's 25 runs are the most since May 31, 2009 when Florida State had 37 against Ohio State.
- Connecticut's 26 hits are the most since May 31, 2009 when Florida State had 38 against Ohio State.
- Connecticut's 22 RBI ranks second to Florida State with 34
- Connecticut used seven pitchers, one shy of the record of eight.
- Lost to Florida State yesterday 11-3.
- Defeated Connecticut 7-3 on April 28.
- Pitcher Jason Foster started both games.
- Central Connecticut scored three to cut the lead to 6-3 in the second.
- In the third, Central Connecticut answered Connecticut's run with two to make it 7-5.
- Pat Epps scored career run 132 breaking the three-way tie for sixth all-time at Central Connecticut.
- Sean Allaire scored hit number 100 to break the Central Connecticut season record.
- Central Connecticut falls to 0-8 in NCAA Tournament play.