June 6, 2010
No. 2 Seed Connecticut vs. No. 3 Seed Oregon
- Oregon is the home team.
- Regional host Connecticut has been the visitor for two of three games.
- Oregon defeated Connecticut 5-3 Friday night.
- Fifty-eight minute weather interruption in the ninth.
- Had a hit in their first 19 innings of the regional, and ended with at least a hit in 25 of 27 innings.
- LJ Mazzilli thrown out at home in the fourth. Oregon led 3-1.
- Mike Nemeth extended his career hitting record to 238.
- Pierre LePage now follows teammate Mike Nemeth with 237 career hits.
- Shawn Peterson was thrown out at home to end the second. Oregon led 2-0.
- Marcus Piazzisi was thrown out at home in the fifth. Oregon led 4-1.
- KC Serna had six hits in the last two games with seven for the tournament and leads the team with 81 on the season. He went 3-3 and scored two runs in this contest.
- Pitcher Scott McGough worked an inning before the delay and returned to face two batters before being replaced.
- Steven Packard and Shawn Peterson went 3-4 at the plate.
- Oregon faces Florida State for the Norwich Regional Championship tonight.