UConn 99, DePaul 78 Post Game Notes
Jan. 8, 2013
Final Score -- UConn 99, DePaul 78
Connecticut Huskies (11-3) vs. DePaul Blue Demons (10-6)
Tuesday, January 8th 2012
Gampel Pavilion – Storrs, Conn.
- UConn improves their all-time record against DePaul to 9-1, including a steak of eight wins in a row dating back to a loss on 1/31/07. The Huskies now have an 8-1 record against DePaul since the Blue Demons joined the Big East Conference in 2005.
- The Huskies improve to 26-8 in Big East Conference home openers, which includes a perfect 10-0 record at Gampel Pavilion. Tonight marks the first time UConn has played DePaul in a Big East home opener.
- The 54 points scored by UConn in the first half represents the most points scored against a Big East opponent in the first half since the Huskies put up 56 against Providence on 1/31/09
- UConn’s first half rebounds (30), marks a higher total number of rebounds than they recorded in six full games this season.
- DeAndre Daniels set career highs with 26 points and 4 offensive rebounds.
- With their loss tonight, the Blue Demons have failed to record back-to-back Big East road victories since January 2007, when they defeated Villanova and Rutgers in consecutive games.
- Brandon Young lead all scorers at half with 17 points on 6-11 shooting. Ryan Boatright lead UConn with 16 points, including three of four shooting from beyond arc.
- The Huskies, who have a -5.8 rebounding margin, outrebounded DePaul by a margin of 30 to 11 in the first half. UConn also edged DePaul 13-2 in 2nd chance opportunity points during the first half of action.
- Head Coach Oliver Purnell, in his third season at Depaul, falls to 29-48 at the helm of the Blue Demons. His overall coaching record drops to 423-328 in 25 seasons.
- DePaul’s Brandon Young recorded a career high 35 points, besting his previous high of 31 against Central Michigan on 12/5/10.
- The 49 total rebounds by Connecticut is a season high, topping the 43 rebounds recorded against New Hampshire
- UConn improves to 9-0 when leading at half this season; DePaul falls to 2-5 when trailing at half.
- Tyler Olander recorded a season high 10 points and added five total rebounds in 16 minutes played.
- UConn entered the game averaging 8.3 steals/game – Tonight they recorded 10 steals and scored 28 fast break points.
- The 99 points scored by Connecticut is their highest total scored this season, topping the 89 points scored against Quinnipiac.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS