Post-Game Notes: UConn 62, Cincinnati 56
Jan. 10, 2015
- With Saturday’s win, UConn improved to 11-5 all-time against Cincinnati. The Huskies have won three straight over the Bearcats and they are 4-1 all-time against UC in Hartford.
- Connecticut has now won three of its first four games at the XL Center this season. Its lone loss came to Temple on Dec. 31.
- Freshman forward Rakim Lubin tied a career-high with 10 minutes played on Saturday. He finished the contest with a career-best two blocks. It was only the second time someone other than Amida Brimah has led UConn in blocks in a game.
- Cincinnati shot 48.1 percent (13-27) in the first half, and 30.8 percent (8-26) in the second half.
- Senior guard Ryan Boatright tied a season-high with eight assists against the Bearcats. His career high is nine. He has now led the Huskies in assists 10 times this season.
- Junior guard Omar Calhoun tied a season-high with 12 points on 5-7 shooting. He has reached double-figures in three of the last five games for the Huskies.
- UConn has now held five of its last seven opponents under 40 percent from the floor.
- Saturday’s game marked the 10th time the Huskies started Boatright, Daniel Hamilton, Rodney Purvis, Kentan Facey and Brimah. They are 7-3 with that lineup.