Post-Game Notes: UConn 70, Tulsa 45
Feb. 12, 2015
- With Thursday’s win, UConn improved to 2-1 all-time against the Golden Hurricane. The home team has now won all three of the games in the series.
- The Huskies, who have won five straight home games, now sit at 4-1 in games played at Hartford this season. Their last home loss came at the XL Center on Dec. 31 against Temple in overtime.
- UConn’s 70 points on Thursday marked the highest total for the team in league play this season. It was the first time the Huskies reached 70 points since Dec. 28 against CCSU.
- Tulsa’s 45 points against the Huskies were a season-low. Their previous low was 53 points against Auburn on Nov. 24.
- Rodney Purvis reached double-figures for the third straight game, finishing with 17 points. He scored 13 of them in the second half.
- Connecticut shot 51 percent from the floor against the Golden Hurricane. It was the fifth time the Huskies have shot at least 50 percent this season.
- Tulsa guard James Woodard was held scoreless for the first time this season. He came into the game averaging 14.9 points a contest and he scored 24 points against the Huskies last month.
- Sophomore Amida Brimah finished the game with seven blocks. He now has 15 blocks over his last two games.
- Guard Ryan Boatright tallied a game-high 23 points against the Golden Hurricane. He has now scored at least 20 points in five of his last six games.
- Guard Pat Lenehan recorded his first career block in the final minute of the game. He also recorded his first rebound of the season.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS