Feb. 13, 2013
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2 |
Photo Gallery 3
Syracuse Orange vs. Connecticut Huskies
Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 at 7:00 PM
XL Center – Hartford, CT
- With a loss in the final Big East meeting between the two teams, Syracuse drops their league record against UConn to 37-33 in 33 years of Big East play. Overall, Syracuse holds a 54-37 all-time record against Connecticut – The UConn win snapped a 3 game Syracuse win streak against Connecticut.
- The Huskies improve to 3-2 this season against AP Top-25 ranked opponents. UConn’s record against ranked teams in the last 5 years now stands at 35-27.
- Until tonight, UConn had not defeated Syracuse at home since a 63-49 win on 2/11/09 at Gampel Pavilion. Since both teams joined the Big East, the Huskies home record against Syracuse improves to 17-11.
- The Huskies held the Orange to their second lowest scoring 1st half this season. The only game the Orange scored less than 24 in the first half was against Cincinnati on 1/21/13 when they scored 22.
- Ryan Boatright led all scorers with 17 points. He scored 12 points in the 2nd half of action. It is the 6th time this season that Boatright has led the team in scoring and the 20th time he has reached double figures.
- UConn’s Philip Nolan matched his career high with five rebounds in 13 minutes of play.
- Despite entering the game with a +5.5 rebounding differential, the Huskies outrebounded the Orange 38-36 for the game. In the first half, the Huskies held a 19-16 edge in rebounds.
- The Huskies ended the first half on a 10-3 run, helped by five points from Shabazz Napier.
- The 18 turnovers by the Huskies marks the highest total of the season. Their previous high was 17 (Against Louisville and Washington). The Orange capitalized with 21 points off of Husky turnovers.
- UConn improves to 12-1 when leading at halftime (4-1 in Big East play); Syracuse falls to 2-3 when trailing at half.
- The Huskies are now 6-1 at the XL Center this season and 231-84 overall in their off-campus home facility.
- Kevin Ollie gets a win in his first game against the Orange while Jim Boeheim drops to 40-33 all-time against Connecticut.
- UConn entered the game with a 101-74 edge in blocks but were held to just two blocks compared to Syracuse’s six.
- Syracuse’s 35.4 FG% was their worst this season, their previous low was 36.5% against USF.