Feb. 16, 2013
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2 |
Photo Gallery 3
Villanova Wildcats vs. Connecticut Huskies
Saturday, February 16th, 2013 at 12:00 PM
XL Center - Hartford, Conn.
- UConn falls to 30-33 all-time against Villanova, which snaps the Huskies four game win steak over the Wildcats. Since Villanova joined the Big East in 1980-81, the Huskies are 28-31 against the Wildcats.
- The Huskies had not lost to the Wildcats at home since 2/28/07 - The loss snaps a two game home win steak. Overall, UConn is 9-9 all-time against Villanova at the XL Center.
- During the first half, UConn was held without a field goal from 18:19 to 10:34. During the drought Villanova went on a 11-2 run helped by two 3-pointers from Ryan Arcidiacono.
- Leon Tolksdorf recorded a career high six points on 2-3 shooting, besting his previous high of four against Maryland Eastern Shore.
- The Wildcats had 8 first half offensive rebounds and finished the game with 20 en-route to 20 second chance points. The Huskies were held to five offensive boards and eight second chance points.
- Ryan Arcidiacono led the Wildcats team in scoring for the 6th time this season with his 25 points. Arcidiacono scored 17 of Villanova's 30 first half points.
- Villanova, who enetered the game 2nd in the Big East in rebounding margin (+4.1), outrebounded the Huskies by a margin of 41-25.
- After UConn took a 43-36 lead, the Wildcats responded with a 16-2 run during which the Huskies were 0-6 from the field.
- Omar Calhoun lead the Huskies in points for the 5th time this season with 16 . Calhoun shot 3-8 from the floor and connected on 9-9 FT attempts. He also led the team with 6 rebounds - it marks the 3rd time this season Calhoun has topped the Huskies in rebounds.
- The Huskies fall to 12-2 (4-2 in the Big East) when leading at half; The Wildcats improve to 1-3 when trailing at half.
- With 70 points, Villanova improves to 11-1 when scoring at least 70. In games where the Wildcats fail to reach the 70 point plateau, they are just 5-9.
- The Huskies committed a season high 19 turnovers. Despite the high, UConn was able to edge Villanova in Points Off T/O 13-11.
- After shooting just 32.1% (9-28) in the first half, Villanova was able to connect of 16-34 (47.1%) during the 2nd half.