Post-Game Notes: UConn 81, No. 21 SMU 73
March 1, 2015
- Sunday’s victory gave UConn its first-ever win over the Mustangs. The Huskies were 0-4 against SMU heading into this weekend.
- The Huskies have now won each of their last seven home games. Connecticut boasts a record of 6-1 in games played at Hartford this season.
- UConn’s win against the Mustangs marked the first win over a ranked opponent for Connecticut this season. The Huskies lost each of their previous three games against teams in the Top-25 this year.
- Connecticut redshirt sophomore guard Rodney Purvis finished the game with a career-high 28 points. He made all seven of his free throw attempts after entering the game shooting just 46.4 percent from the line on the season.
- UConn’s 81 points on Sunday marked a season-high for the Huskies in league play. SMU came into the game allowing just 59.0 points per game this season.
- Connecticut has now won all 10 of its games this season when leading at the half. UConn took a 32-26 lead into the break on Sunday.
- The Huskies’ 22 made free throws in today’s win were the second-most for Connecticut this season. UConn made 25 free throws against Coppin State on Dec. 14, 2014.