March 6, 2012
Records: Connecticut (19-12); DePaul (12-19)
- Connecticut advances to face No. 8-seeded West Virginia in Wednesday's BIG EAST Championship second round. The Huskies defeated the Mountaineers 67-53 Jan. 9 in the only regular-season meeting between the teams.
- Connecticut has won 12 consecutive postseason games. The Huskies have won six straight games in the BIG EAST Championship, good for the fourth-longest winning streak in tournament history.
- The No. 9 seed improved to 3-1 against the No. 16 seed in BIG EAST Championship play.
- Connecticut's Jeremy Lamb has scored in double figures in all six of his BIG EAST tournament games. He had 25 points against DePaul.
- Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun earned his 34th career victory in the BIG EAST Championship, passing John Thompson of Georgetown for sole possession of second place on the all-time chart.
- DePaul is now 1-3 as the No. 16 seed in the BIG EAST Championship.
- DePaul's Cleveland Melvin scored 19 points in his first BIG EAST Championship appearances. Melvin missed last year's tournament due to injury.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS