March 7, 2012
- The game was UConn's fourth win of the year where where it came over a doulbe-digit deficit -- joining Villanova (18), Coppin State (13) and West Virginia (10) earlier in the year.
- Connecticut advances to face No 1-seeded Syracuse Thursday in the quarterfinal round of the BIG EAST Championship.
- Three of the last four Connecticut-Syracuse meetings in the BIG EAST Championship were decided in
overtime, including a six-overtime Syracuse win in the 2009 quarterfinals.
- Today's game was the 28th overtime game in BIG EAST Championship history It is the 19th time in 33 years
that the tournament had at least one overtime game.
- Connecticut's Jeremy Lamb scored 22 points, giving him double figures in all seven of his career BIG EAST
- Connecticut has won seven straight games in the BIG EAST Championship, tying Georgetown for the third longest
winning streak in tournament history. The Huskies won nine straight from 1998-2000 and Syracuse won eight straight from 2005-07.
- Connecticut has won 13 consecutive postseason games.
- Connecticut became the BIG EAST's eighth 20-win team.
- West Virginia scored two points in overtime, matching the fewest points by a team in OT in a BIG EAST tournament game. Villanova scored two points against Syracuse in the third overtime of the 1981 championship game
- West Virginia's Kevin Jones had his 21st double-double of the season. Jones finished with 25 points and 10
- West Virginia finishes its tenure in the BIG EAST with a 12-15 all-time record in the BIG EAST Championship. The Mountaineers won the 2010 title and played in two championship games.