March 8, 2012
No. 1 Syracuse 58, No. 9 Connecticut 55
Records: Syracuse (31-1); Connecticut (20-13)
* Syracuse advances to the semifinal round of the BIG EAST Championship, where it will face the winner of Thursday's second quarterfinal between Georgetown and Cincinnati.
* Syracuse will make its 23rd appearance in the BIG EAST Championship semifinals in the 33-year history of the tournament. The Orange are 15-7 all-time in the semifinals.
* Syracuse improved to 5-6 in BIG EAST tournament history when playing as the No. 1 seed.
* Syracuse had just four turnovers, matching the fewest the Orange have had in a BIG EAST game. Syracuse also had four turnovers in loss to St. John's in the 1986 championship game.
* The win was the 887th of Jim Boeheim's head coaching career.
* The two Syracuse-Connecticut games this season were decided by a combined five points.
* Syracuse outscored Connecticut by a 27-16 margin in the final 13:40 of the second half.
* Syracuse's bench outscored Connecticut's 30-12.
* The loss for Connecticut snapped a 13-game postseason winning streak and a seven-game winning streak in the BIG EAST Championship.
* Jeremy Lamb scored 10 turning in his third game in double figures in this year's tournament. Lamb has reached double figures in all eight of his career BIG EAST tournament games.