Post-Game Notes: Arizona State 68, UConn 61
March 18, 2015
- UConn fell to 2-2 all-time against the Sun Devils with Wednesday's loss. It was the first home loss to ASU for Connecticut.
- The Huskies now sit at 16-11 all-time in NIT games. This season marked UConn's 13th appearance in the postseason tournament.
- Connecticut finished the season with a 4-4 record at Gampel Pavilion and an 11-4 mark in home games. UConn won six of its seven home games at the XL Center this season.
- Guard Rodney Purvis led all Huskies with 19 points in the loss to the Sun Devils. The redshirt sophomore guard averaged 17.8 points per game this postseason.
- Purvis also recorded three 3-pointers against Arizona State. He finished the season with at least three 3-pointers in four of UConn's final five games.
- UConn finished the game 3-3 from the free throw line on Wednesday. It was the only time this season that UConn was perfect from the line. Connecticut's three free throws made tied a season-low.
- Arizona State's 51.9 shooting percentage was the highest for a Connecticut opponent this season. The previous high was accomplished by Cincinnati, who shot 48.9 percent on Jan. 29.
- UConn guard Terrence Samuel (10 points) reached double-figures for the third time this season. His four field goals against the Sun Devils also matched a season-high.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS