Post Game Notes: UConn vs. Washington
Dec. 29, 2012
Washington Huskies vs. Connecticut Huskies
Saturday, December 29th, 2012 at 7:30 PM
XL Center – Hartford, CT
- UConn improved their all-time record against Washington to 4-0, with their last win coming in a 98-92 overtime victory in the NCAA Washington D.C Regional semifinals.
- With their win tonight, UConn has now won 14 straight games against Pac-12 teams, dating back to their last loss against UCLA on 3/25/95
- Connecticut took 10 of 12 games from non-conference opponents this season. Tonight’s game marks the last non-conference game of the season for UConn.
- Washington falls to 1-1 on the road this season. They have not opened a season with 2 consecutive road wins since 2006 when they beat both USC and UCLA.
- Washington drops to 11-21 all-time vs. Big East Conference teams – they recorded an 84-73 OT win against Seton Hall on November 17th.
- Washington connected on six of their first seven shots including two 3P FG. Following the hot start, Washington missed nine of their next 11 shots and finished the half shooting 10-31 (32.3%).
- After Washington took a 16-10 lead, UConn responded with a 11-0 run that included baskets from four different Connecticut players (Boatright, Evans, Napier, Calhoun).
- UConn did not hit a 3 point shot during the first half (0-7) – Washington shot 3-10 from beyond the arc. Connecticut entered the game averaging 5.8 three pointers/gm.
- Washington entered the game last in the Pac-12 allowing their opponents 13.2 offensive rebounds per game but held UConn to just 7 total offensive rebounds
- Washington Junior C.J. Wilcox entered the game averaging 19.6 points/gm on .486% shooting from the field. He was held to 5 points on 2-12 shooting.
- UConn has now held opponents to a sub 40% shooting percentage from the field in 8 of 12 games this season. Washington shot 29.7%. It marks the lowest shooting percentage an opponent has shot this year against UConn.
- The 53 points scored by Washington is the lowest number of points they have scored in a game this season – their previous low was 55 against Colorado State.
- UConn improves to 8-0 when leading at half; Washington falls to 1-4 when trailing at half
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS