The University of Connecticut men's and women's basketball programs will tip-off the 2015-16 season with "First Night" presented by Webster Bank, on Friday, October 16. Admission is free and open to the public.
In addition to First Night, fans are encouraged to arrive early to Storrs to see the UConn Volleyball team take on East Carolina at 2 pm. Admission to the match is free for all fans at Gampel Pavilion.
This year first night will be unlike anything seen before as it takes on a "Glow-in-the-Dark" theme. The first 8,000 fans will receive special glow-in-the-dark sunglasses. Additional glow-in-the-dark giveaways will be distributed throughout the night. Fans are encouraged to wear neon and other glow in the dark items to the event.
This year's show will once again be headlined by an inter-squad scrimmage with one team coached by head women's basketball coach Geno Auriemma and the other coached by head men's basketball coach Kevin Ollie. The night will feature a state of the art light show, 3-point shooting contest, dunk contest, performances by the Pep Band, prize giveaways and so much more.
Fans once again will be able to vote via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for their intersquad team selections. Voting will begin on September 30th and run through October 9th.
Gampel Pavilion doors will open at 6 p.m. Meet the 2015-16 men's and women's basketball teams as they sign autographs for Husky fans from 6- 7p.m. in the Athletic Director's lobby (located between the East and South entrances).
The show is scheduled to run from 7:30 - 8:45 p.m.
2 p.m. - UConn Volleyball vs. East Carolina
3 p.m. - Fan Fest on Fairfield Way
6 p.m. - Doors Open for First Night
6 p.m. - 7 PM- Autograph Session
6 p.m. - Pre-event begins
7:30 p.m. - Showtime
For up to date information on First Night follow us on Twitter at @UConnHuskies or like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/UConnHuskies. RSVP to the First Night event on Facebook to win great prizes.
Season tickets for both men's and women's basketball are on sale now and can be purchased online at UConnTickets.com or by calling 1-877-AT-UCONN.
Important notes related to First Night:
- Doors open at 6 p.m. and will be closed when Gampel reaches capacity.
- In order to monitor attendance, free admission tickets will be distributed outside of the Gampel entrances that will be scanned upon entry to the arena.
- UConn Athletics has taken extra steps to ensure the fun and safety of all attending fans.
- Students should enter through North & East Entrances ONLY
- The general public can enter through the North, East and South entrances
- For the safety of all fans and to expedite entry, backpacks and bags larger than 12 x 12 x 6will not be permitted in Gampel Pavilion at First Night. Thank you for your cooperation.
- UConn public safety and event staff personnel will provide an increased presence.
- UConn Athletics reserves the right to open doors early if crowd control and safety concerns warrant.
- UConn Athletics will increase its communication with fans throughout the day using social media, conventional media and on-site communication
- Parking is $5/vehicle in the South & North garages
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS