Aug. 30, 2012
- Redshirt-sophomore Chandler Whitmer's first Quarter pass to Mike Osiecki was a 16-yard completion; on his first drive Whitmer was 3-3 for 38 yards.
- Redshirt-sophomore Lyle McCombs' touchdown in the first quarter was his eighth career rushing touchdown.
- Redshirt-junior Chad Christen scored his first career point in the first quarter on a PAT and made his first two career field goal attempts of 36 and 47 yards in the second quarter...He recorded a 19-yard attempt in the fourth quarter...Christen's three field goals mark the first time a Husky made three in a contest since Dave Teggart vs. USF on October 14, 2011.
- Connecticut held UMass to 12 total yards in the first Quarter and a total of 59 yards for the game.
- Redshirt-sophomore Yawin Smallwood improved his career mark to 2.5 sacks and registered 3.5 tackles for loss in the game.
- Redshirt-freshmen Andrew Adams 9-yard tackle for loss in the second quarter was his first career tackle for loss.
- Redshirt-senior Dwayne Gratz recorded his second career interception for a touchdown on his 37-yard return in the second quarter...The last time this feat was accomplished by a Husky was on October 8, 2011 at West Virginia by Ty-Meer Brown for 48 yards...Gratz' previous TD return was in the 2011 Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma for 46 yards.
- Connecticut held UMass without a first-down until 33 seconds to play before halftime.
- Redshirt-sophomore Geremy Davis had a career high 26-yard reception in the third quarter...He finished with a game-high five receptions for 79 yards.
- Redshirt-sophomore Shakim Phillips recorded his first catch as a Connecticut player in the third quarter, a six-yard grab...His second reception was for 15 yards.
- The punt blocked by Taylor Mack and returned for a touchdown by Max DeLorenzo in the third quarter was the first for the Huskies since September 10, 2011 by Byron Jones at Vanderbilt...It was DeLorenzo's first career touchdown.
- Redshirt-sophomore QB Scott McCummings scored his eighth career touchdown during the fourth quarter.
- Connecticut tied the program-mark for least first downs allowed with three...The last time it happened was against Navy in 2002.
- The Connecticut shutout tonight is the first against an FBS opponent since September 1, 2005 vs. Buffalo in which Connecticut was victorious 38-0...The Huskies last shutout against any opponent was against Maine on September 8, 2007.
- Connecticut won by more than 30 points for the second year in a row when opening at home...The last was vs. Fordham on September 3, 2011, 35-3.