Connecticut vs. Towson Game Notes
Aug 29, 2013
- With the loss UConn falls to 0-2 all-time vs. Towson.
- UConn is now 9-2 in season home openers at Rentschler Field.
- Connecticut redshirt freshman safety Obi Melifonwu recorded the first interception of his collegiate career in the first quarter. He had his first tackle for a loss in the third quarter.
- UConn redshirt junior wide receiver Shakim Phillips hauled in his longest career catch on 31-yard touchdown pass from junior quarterback Chandler Whitmer towards the end of the first quarter. It was his second touchdown as a Husky.
- Towson senior running back Sterlin Phifer scored his first collegiate touchdown on a pass from quarterback Peter Athens late in the first quarter.
- Connecticut redshirt junior running back Lyle McCombs' four catches in the game tied a career high.
- UConn redshirt senior defensive tackle Tim Willman recorded his first tackle for a loss of the season in the third quarter. He had eight of them last season.
- Towson junior running back Terrance West rushed for over 100 yards in a game for the 12th time in his collegiate career. His six-yard rushing touchdown in the fourth quarter was the 45th of his career.
- West's 36 carries in the game were a new career high.
- Shakim Phillips' 21-yard touchdown reception in the fourth quarter gave him his first multi-touchdown game of his career.