- UConn improves to 40-31-3 all-time vs. Maine in a series that dates back to 1922. Tonight’s game marks the first meeting between the programs since 2007
- The Huskies move to 11-4 in season openers since moving to the FBS in 2002. Connecticut has emerged victorious in 11 of its 14 season openers in East Hartford.
- Ron Johnson matched a career-high with a pair of TD runs. Additionally, the junior RB reached the 10-TD plateau with his two TDs
- Bryant Shirreffs’ 95 yards on the ground out-gained the entire Maine team (40). Additionally, the quarterback’s second-half 35-yard run was the second-longest of his career.
- The Huskies scored on three of their four red-zone trips and converted on eight of 15 third down attempts
- Noel Thomas’ nine receptions marked a career-high. His previous high was seven (3x) and last happened on 11/21/15 against Houston
- The Black Bears fall to 62-57-5 all-time in season opener. 11 of Maine’s last 20 games against the Huskies have been decided by seven points or less.
- The Huskies held the ball for 12:32 seconds longer than Maine and were able to run 73 offensive plays during the game.
- 33 of the Black Bears’ 52 offensive plays were of the pass variety
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS