- UConn improves to 5-9 all-time against Villanova.
- Tommy Myers recorded his first career touchdown reception in the first quarter. The tight end finished his night with a career-best 83 receiving yards and also set a personal best with a pair of catches.
- With the victory, the Huskies move to 10-4 in season openers since making the jump to FBS. Additionally, the team has won 10 of its 13 openers at Rentschler field.
- John Robertson had four turnovers during the entire 2014 season; he had two turnovers (1 interception, 1 fumble) tonight.
- Ron Johnson’s 23 carries matched a career high, while Alec Bloom matched a career-best with a 16-yard reception.
- Villanova’s first-quarter safety marked the first safety against the squad since Tulane recorded one on Oct. 11, 2014.
- Andrew Adams recorded his first interception of the season in the third quarter; he led the 2014 squad with four interceptions.
- In 2014, Villanova averaged 470.4 yards per game but were held to just 303 during tonight’s contest.
- Arkeel Newsome tied his career best for most receptions per game, with three receptions. The last time he recorded three receptions was against Tulane in the 2014 season.
- Linebacker Junior Joseph recorded a career high number of tackles, with nine total tackles, three unassisted and six assisted tackles. His previous high was seven tackles against SMU in the 2014 season.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS