- UConn improves to 5-9 all-time against Villanova.
- Tommy Myers recorded his first career touchdown reception in the first quarter. The tight end finished his night with a career-best 83 receiving yards and also set a personal best with a pair of catches.
- With the victory, the Huskies move to 10-4 in season openers since making the jump to FBS. Additionally, the team has won 10 of its 13 openers at Rentschler field.
- John Robertson had four turnovers during the entire 2014 season; he had two turnovers (1 interception, 1 fumble) tonight.
- Ron Johnson’s 23 carries matched a career high, while Alec Bloom matched a career-best with a 16-yard reception.
- Villanova’s first-quarter safety marked the first safety against the squad since Tulane recorded one on Oct. 11, 2014.
- Andrew Adams recorded his first interception of the season in the third quarter; he led the 2014 squad with four interceptions.
- In 2014, Villanova averaged 470.4 yards per game but were held to just 303 during tonight’s contest.
- Arkeel Newsome tied his career best for most receptions per game, with three receptions. The last time he recorded three receptions was against Tulane in the 2014 season.
- Linebacker Junior Joseph recorded a career high number of tackles, with nine total tackles, three unassisted and six assisted tackles. His previous high was seven tackles against SMU in the 2014 season.