UConn Football vs. Ohio Postgame Notes
- Freshman defensive end Jesse Joseph (Laval, Que.) became the first Husky freshman to start on defense during the FBS era at UConn. Joseph was a January 2009 enrollee. He becomes the first overall true freshman to start since punter Shane Hussar in 2004. Terry Caulley and Deon Anderson started their first games as true freshman on offense in 2002.
- The 157-rushing yards by Jordan Todman was a career-high the first 100-yard plus effort of his career.
- The game marked the first time UConn had two 100-yard rushers in the same contest since a Nov. 11, 2006 win over Pittsburgh when Donald Brown and D.J. Hernandez achieved the feat.
- The safety recorded in the second half was just the seventh safety recorded since the Huskies joined the FBS in 2002 and the first safety since Nov. 15, 2008 when Robbie Frey smothered Syracuse punter Rob Long in the endzone.
- The Huskies are now 50-59-2 in their season opening game and have won their last seven season openers dating back to 2003 including two wins over MAC conference teams (2005- Buffalo, 38-0 and 2009- Ohio, 23-16).
Sept. 5, 2009
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS