Date: September 6, 2014
Opponent: Stony Brook
Result: W, 19-16
· Saturday marked the first game between Stony Brook and UConn.
· UConn is now 49-25 all-time at Rentschler field and 27-12 in non-conference games there.
· Geremy Davis made six catches for 113 yards. He now has at least one reception in 28 straight games, tied for the eighth-longest streak in the FBS. His second quarter touchdown was the fifth of his career, and he recorded his sixth career 100-yard game.
· Davis moved into 7th in UConn history, now with 1,963 career receiving yards.
· Bobby Puyol's 42-yard field goal in the first quarter was the longest of his career.
· Justin Wain's 46-yard punt in the first quarter was the longest of his career. Overall, he punted nine times for an average of 41.8 yards
· Jazzmar Clax made his first career reception in the first quarter.
· Arkeel Newsome picked up a 22-yard rush in the first quarter, the longest run of his career. Overall, he carried five times for 23 yards.
· It also marked the first punt return for a touchdown against Stony Brook since Elon's Karlos Sullivan on Sept. 6, 2008.
· UConn held Stony Brook 3-for-18 on third downs. That is the best performance since the Huskies held Vanderbilt 2-for-16 on Sept. 10, 2011.
· Whitmer passed for 142 yards, giving him 3,820 in his career. That mark is eighth in UConn history.