UConn vs. Army Game Notes
Sept. 12, 2015
Date: September 12, 2015 Opponent: Army Result: UConn, 22-17
- Arkeel Newsome recorded his first career rushing touchdown. He also recorded a career high 13 carries for 73 yards and one touchdown. His previous record was 11 carries for 40 yards against Tulane on Oct. 11, 2014.
- Tyraiq Beals made a career high three receptions, 45 receiving yards and a career long 32-yd reception. He made one reception against Villanova for nine yards.
- Alec Bloom exceeded all of his career highs. He made a career high three receptions, with a long of 23 yards and 42 total receiving yard. His previous highs were two receptions against BYU on August 29, 2014, a long of 16 yards on two occasions, and 24 total receiving yards.
- Bryant Shirreffs made a career high 19 completions on 25 attempts for 270 yards. His previous highs was 12 completions on 20 attempts for 202 yards.
- Andrew Adams recorded his second interception of the season. With his interception against Villanova, Adams averages one interception per game.
- Noel Thomas tied his career high 83 receiving yards. The last time Thomas recorded 83 receiving yards was against UCF on November 1, 2014.
- UConn improves to 5-2 in the series against Army, winning five of the last six match- ups. The Huskies are now 19-9-4 all-time against the current four service academies.
- Bryant Shirreffs rushed for 31 yards, just two yards short of his career high. However, he did record a career long with his 15 yard carry in the second quarter. His previous rushing long was 12 yards.
- This is the first time the team has been 2-0 to start the season since 2008. In the 2008-09 season, the team won its first five games, the first two against Hofstra and Temple.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS