Date: September 13, 2014
Opponent: Boise State
· Saturday marked the first game between Boise State and UConn.
· UConn is now 49-26 all-time at Rentschler Field and 27-13 in non-conference games there.
· With his 12-yard catch in the first quarter, Connecticut wide receiver Geremy Davis extended his streak of games with at least one catch to 29.
· Wide receiver Thomas Lucas’s 10-yard reception in the first quarter was his first career catch. Lucas finished the day with five catches for 35 yards.
· Sean McQuillan recorded his longest catch (15 yards) of the season in the opening quarter.
· Davis became the seventh receiver in program history to eclipse 2,000 career receiving yards after a 25-yard catch in the first quarter.
· Connecticut kicker Bobby Puyol, who connected on field goals of 24 and 39 yards today, remains a perfect 5-for-5 in field goal attempts this year.
· Redshirt freshman linebacker Cole Ormsby recorded his first career sack in the second quarter, taking down quarterback Grant Hedrick for an 11-yard loss to force a Boise State punt.
· UConn quarterback Chandler Whitmer’s 48-yard completion to wide receiver Deshon Foxx in the first half was the longest play from scrimmage for the Huskies this season. It was also a yard shy of Foxx’s longest career reception.
· Freshman tight end Alec Bloom hauled in his first career touchdown in the second quarter on a 16-yard pass from Whitmer.
· Running back Max DeLorenzo’s 19-yard run in the third quarter was his longest rush of the season.
· Foxx registered his third career 100-yard game on Saturday, finishing the contest with six catches for 107 yards.
· The Broncos, who came in averaging 537.5 yards per game, gained just 292 total yards against the Huskies.
· In the last two games, UConn’s opponents (Boise State and Stony Brook) have converted a combined 7-for-31 third down plays.
· The Huskies held Boise State running back Jay Ajayi to 39 rushing yards and 52 total yards today. He came into the game averaging 152.5 yards rushing and 229.5 total yards a contest this season.
· Freshman Ron Johnson’s 13-yard run in the fourth quarter marked his longest career rush.
· Marquise Vann recorded nine tackles, and has at least nine stops in every game this season. He leads the huskies with 29 tackles through three games.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS