UConn 13, Virginia 10 Notes
Sept. 17, 2016
- UConn improves to 2-1 all-time against Virginia in a series that dates back to 2007
- The Huskies picked up their 19th victory over an ACC team on Saturday and their first win since 2012 (Maryland).
- Alex Furbank kicked a 23-yard field goal in the first quarter, marking his first-ever football snap. Additionally, the 3-0 advantage was Virginia’s first lead of the 2016 season.
- Junior RB Arkeel Newsome ripped off a 38-yard run in the second quarter – the run was the Huskies’ longest of the 2016 campaign.
- Juan Thornhill recorded Virginia’s first takeaway of the season with an interception of Bryant Shirreffs in the endzone with 1:13 remaining in the third quarter.
- Jamar Summers’ fourth quarter pick marked his 10th in his Husky career. The 10 interceptions puts him in a tie for ninth in program history.