Syracuse 31, UConn 24 Postgame Notes
Sept. 24, 2016
- UConn drops to 6-4 all-time against Syracuse and now stands at 19-38 against teams from the ACC
- Syracuse’s Amba Etta-Tawo finished with 12 receptions for 270 yards, marking his fourth-straight game with at least 100 receiving yards. Additionally, he became the first player in program history to record multiple 200-yard efforts and set a new single-game receiving yardage record.
- With four catches, Syracuse’s Steve Ishmael extended his streak to 16-straight games with at least one reception.
- Noel Thomas set a new career-high with 14 receptions, which is the second-most in single-game program history.
- UConn’s Bobby Puyol improved to 5-for-5 on field goal attempts in 2016. Dating back to 2015, the senior has made his last nine field goal attempts.
- Saturday’s result marked Syracuse’s first-ever win on the road against Connecticut.
- Bryant Shirreffs set a new career-high with 45 pass attempts.
- Syracuse moves to 2-17 against teams from the state of Connecticut.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS