Connecticut vs. Western Michigan Post-Game Notes
- Connecticut running back Lyle McCombs has over 100 yards rushing in three of five games this year. He had a career-long 65-yard run in second quarter. It was the longest rush of the season for UConn.
- Western Michigan quarterback Alex Carder threw for 211 yards and 2 TDs in the first half. Receiver Jordan White with 110 yards and a TD.
- Western Michigan quarterback Alex Carder threw a career high of 479 yards. Carder also threw 5 TDs.
- Connecticut quarterback Johnny McEntee threw for a career high 300 yards and 4 TDs. McEntee's 4 TDs is the most by a Connecticut quarterback since D.J. Hernandez on Nov. 11, 2006.
- McEntee recorded the first 300 yard passing game for the Huskies since Zach Frazer Oct. 10, 2009
- Connecticut receiver Kashif Moore had 2 touchdown receptions, his 3rd touchdown of the season and 11th of career. He had an individual season-long 47-yard reception in third quarter
- Connecticut DT Kendall Reyes had 2 sacks coming into this game and sacked Carter twice to give him four on the season.
- First career sack in third quarter for Connecticut linebacker Yawin Smallwood.
- 26 yard touchdown catch by Connecticut Lyle McCombs is first in career in fourth quarter, fifth overall touchdown.
- Huskies held Western Michigan to just 28 yards (-2 yards rushing) in the first quarter. Connecticut held Western Michigan to just 11 overall rushing yards.
- Connecticut committed a season high of 10 penalties for 95 yards. Previous season high of 5 penalties for 40 yards against Vanderbilt. Connecticut came in with 15 total penalties over 4 games and committed 4 in the first quarter.
- Yawin Smallwood and Jory Johnson led the Huskies with 10 tackles each.
Oct. 1, 2011