Post Game Notes: UConn vs. Temple
Oct. 13, 2012
- Redshirt freshman Max DeLorenzo made his first career start at running back for Connecticut Saturday.
- Lorenzo was the first Connecticut native to start at running back for the Huskies since Matt Lawrence did in 2004.
- Lorenzo’s 91 rushing yards in the game was a career high.
- With the loss Connecticut fell to 3-8 all-time against Temple and snapped a streak of five consecutive overtime wins (the longest active streak in the country entering the game)
- Freshman tailback Joseph Williams recorded his first career carry on a 4-yard run in the first quarter.
- Redshirt sophomore wide receiver Shakim Phillip’s 25-yard reception in the first quarter was the longest of his career.
- Phillips had 7 catches and 100 receiving yards in today’s game, which were both career highs.
- Senior wide receiver Michael Smith’s 15-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter was his first touchdown of the season and his third career score.
- Smith had 5 total catches this afternoon, the most for him in a game this season. He has 12 career catches against Temple in his career.
- Redshirt senior Sio Moore’s sack in the first quarter was his 4.5th sack of the season and the 12.5th sack of his career.
- Redshirt sophomore quarterback Chandler Whitmer’s 42-yard touchdown pass to redshirt senior tight end Ryan Griffin at the end of the first quarter was the longest touchdown pass of his career. Whitmer in the first quarter: 8-10 159 yards, two touchdowns. He finished 22-of-39 for 293 yards and two touchdowns
- Griffin’s 42-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter was his longest reception of the season. It was his third touchdown of the season, tying a career high.
- Griffin’s 67 receiving yards in the game were the most for him this season.
- Redshirt sophomore Byron Jones’s interception in the third quarter was his first of the season and Connecticut’s fourth interception this year.
- Jones registered a team-high 13 tackles in the contest, a career-high
- Redshirt sophomore linebacker Yawin Smallwood also had 13 tackles in the game
- Connecticut has allowed 100 yards rushing in back-to-back games after not giving up that total in any game last season.
- The Huskies allowed 204 rushing yards today, the most in a game this season.
- Redshirt sophomore fullback Reuben Frank caught his second pass of the season early in the fourth quarter.
- DeLorenzo’s 20-yard run late in the fourth quarter was a career long.
- Connecticut redshirt junior kicker Chad Christen missed four field goals today. He came into the game with just three misses the entire season.
- Redshirt junior defensive tackle Tim Willman recorded his first career sack in the fourth quarter.
- Senior defensive end Trevardo Williams recorded his team-leading 7.5th sack this season in the fourth quarter.
- Saturday’s contest was the first overtime game for the Huskies since 2010 against West Virginia.
- It was the second overtime game ever between Connecticut and Temple. The last one was in 2008.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS