UConn vs. USF - Postgame Notes
Oct. 15, 2011
UConn vs. USF Game Notes - October 15, 2011
- UConn's field goal kicker Dave Teggart has 4 games this season with multiple FGs and 18 total games over his career. His 63 FGs in his career put him third on the all-time BIG EAST list. Second consecutive game with three FGs. He has 10 career games with 3 or more FGs.
- South Florida's KR Marcus Shaw returned UConn kickoff for 79 yards in the first quarter
- South Florida's DE Ryne Giddins had 3 sacks in the first half and forced a fumble which was recovered by USF.
- UConn QB Johnny McEntee was sacked 7 times, 4 times in the second quarter.
- UConn's Yawin Smallwood returned an FSU fumble for a touchdown. Second fumble return for a TD on the season by UConn, only the third time in school history that UConn has done this twice in a season.
- UConn red shirt Freshman RB Lyle McCombs had his fourth 100+ yards game this season. His 6-yard first down run at 1:35 sealed the win for the Huskies (USF had failed to convert on fourth down with 2:23 left in the fourth quarter).
- Jory Johnson led the Huskies defense with 11 tackles
- Sio Moore registered 8 tackles, an interception, and 0.5 TFL.
- UConn Head Coach Paul Pasqualoni is the all-time winningest coach in BIG EAST Conference league wins with 63 and overall wins with 110.
- UConn QB Johnny McEntee threw for his 6th 100+ yard game this season.
- UConn has now won 7 of its 8 Big East home openers.
- UConn held a 9 minute time of possession advantage holding the ball for 34:26
- UConn defense forced 4 turnovers (2 fumble recoveries).