Huskies Defense Stifles Tulsa, 20-14
Oct. 21, 2017
Date: October 21, 2017
Result: W, 20-14
- The Huskies allowed zero points in the first half for the first time since November 24, 2012 at Louisville (W, 23-20 (3OT))
- Jordan Swann recorded his first career interception. It is the first interception at home for the Huskies this season.
- Nate Hopkins rushed for his seventh rushing touchdown of the season in the third quarter. The seven rushing scores in the most for a UConn running back since Lyle McCombs totaled seven in 2011.
- The 3-0 score at halftime tied for the lowest scoring first half in FBS this season (Florida State 3, Miami 0, Oct. 7).
- The 80-yard touchdown pass from Bryant Shirreffs to Hergy Mayala was the longest play from scrimmage for the Huskies this season.
- Jason Thompson recorded his first career catch during the second quarter.
- UConn has registered back-to-back wins for the first time since November 2015 (Nov. 7, Tulane & Nov. 21, Houston).
- Bryant Shirreffs eclipsed 300 yards passing for the fourth time this season. He now has six 300+ yard passing games in his UConn career.