Eagles Run Over Huskies, 39-16
Nov. 19, 2017
Date: November 18, 2017
Opponent: Boston College
Result: L, 39-16
- Michael Tarbutt's 50-yard field goal in the first quarter was the longest of his career.
- Luke Carrezola blocked a 43-yard field goal in the first quarter. It was the first time the Huskies have blocked a field goal since Foley Fatukasi blocked one at Navy on Sept. 10, 2016.
- The Huskies allowed a 200-yard rusher (AJ Dillon, 200 yards) for the first time since Ray Rice rushed for 217 for Rutgers on Oct. 22, 2005.
- Kevin Mensah rushed for a career-high 115 yards, including a career-long 70 yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter.
- Arkeel Newsome moved into 15th all-time in UConn history with 106 career receptions after hauling in two catches.
- The Huskies allowed 330 yards rushing to the Eagles, the most allowed by the Huskies since 2007 against West Virginia when the Mountaineers piled up 517 yards on the ground.