Nov. 21, 2015
Date: November 21, 2015
Date: November 21, 2015
Result: W, 20-17
- Ron Johnson recorded a career long 29-yard rush in the second quarter. His previous long was 23 yards against Tulane on October 11, 2014.
- Garret Anderson made his first career catch in the fourth quarter. Tim Boyle’s pass was complete to Anderson for 12-yard gain.
- Garrett Anderson recorded his first career touchdown pass in the fourth quarter, completing a long 45-yard pass to Noel Thomas.
- Arkeel Newsome tallied a career high 32 carries. His previous high was 25 against East Carolina earlier this year on October 30, 2015. His record 32 carries did not break his career high rushing yards. He recorded 114 net rushing yards against Houston, but his career high remains 179, which he recorded against ECU.
- Noel Thomas recorded a career high 108 receiving yards against the Cougars. His previous high was 94 yards, which he put up against USF earlier this season on October 17, 2015.
- Noel Thomas becomes the first Husky to have 100 yards receiving in a single game since Deshon Foxx recorded 120 receiving yards at East Carolina on October 23, 2014.
- Noel Thomas recorded a career long 45-yd reception on a pass from Garrett Anderson in the fourth quarter. His previous long was 38 yards versus UCF on November 1, 2014.
- Justin Wain tied his career high number of punts inside the 20, recording six against Houston. The last time Wain recorded six punts was against Stony Brook on September 6, 2014.
- UConn’s two interceptions, one from Jamar Summers and one from Andrew Adams, brings the team to 17 total receptions this season, which surpasses Houston to put UConn in the top spot for most interceptions in the American Athletic Conference.
- Jamar Summers recorded his 7th interception in the game against Houston. He is leading the conference in interceptions with seven, just in front of Temple senior Tyler Matakevich who has five.
- Folorunso Fatukasi shattered his career number of TFLs and sacks, recording 5.0 sacks and 4.5 TFLs. His previous career highs were 2.0 in both categories in the season opener this year against Villanova on Sept. 3, 2015.
- The last time that an opponent scored a touchdown on a kickoff return against UConn was Adrian Bushell of Louisville who ran it back 100 yards when the Huskies and Cardinals faced off on November 19, 2011.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS