Post Game Notes: UConn vs. Cincinnati
Dec. 1, 2012
- With the loss Connecticut fell to 2-7 all-time against Cincinnati.
- Connecticut redshirt senior linebacker Jory Johnson recovered his first fumble of the season in the first quarter. It was his third career fumble recovery.
- UConn redshirt junior defensive tackle Tim Willman recorded two tackles for loss in the first quarter. Willman had five career tackles for loss entering the game.
- Connecticut redshirt junior defensive tackle Shamar Stephen made his first individual tackle for loss of the season in the second quarter. Stephens has 6.5 tackles for loss in his career.
- Husky senior wide receiver Michael Smith’s 52-yard reception in the second quarter was his longest catch of the season.
- UConn freshman kicker Bobby Puyol’s 40-yard field goal in the second quarter was the first of his career.
- Connecticut redshirt sophomore quarterback Chandler Whitmer’s 74-yard touchdown pass to tight end Ryan Griffin in the second quarter was the longest career score for both Whitmer and Griffin.
Griffin caught six touchdowns, tying for second all-time for single season touchdown receptions by a tight end.
- UConn redshirt senior linebacker Sio Moore recorded his eighth sack the season late in the first half. It was the 16th of his career.
- Connecticut sophomore running back Lyle McCombs ran for his sixth touchdown of the season late in the third quarter. The score was Connecticut’s first touchdown scored in the second half in BIG EAST play this season.
- With his score in the third quarter, McCombs eclipsed 2,000 career-rushing yards.
- McCombs now ranks eighth all-time in career rushing yards with 2,011; passing Tony Jordan (1,983) and Andre Dixon (1,958)
- Connecticut redshirt sophomore Shakim Phillips matched his career high today with seven receptions.