STORRS, Conn. – Nick Williams and Blidi Wreh-Wilson, former UConn football standouts under head coach Randy Edsall, are headed to Super Bowl 51 as members of the active roster for the NFC Champion Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons will play the AFC Champion New England Patriots on February 5 on Fox at 6:30 p.m. Houston.
Williams is a 3rd year NFL performer who has seen action in two games this season for the Falcons with five catches for 59 yards. He was an All-BIG EAST pick in 2010. Wreh-Wilson was a 2012 All-AAC performer for the Huskies and is in his 4th NFL season. He has not seen action this year for the Falcons.
UConn’s Super Bowl history includes:
- Former Husky defensive back Robert McClain became the fourth UConn alumnus to play in the Super Bowl in February of 2016 when he played for the NFC Champion Carolina Panthers.
- In the Super Bowl in February of 2011, Donald Thomas was on the New England Patriots active roster but did not dress for the game and Williams Beatty was on the New York Giants roster but was not active because of an injury.
- Former Husky All-American running back Donald Brown became the third UConn alumnus to play in the Super Bowl in February of 2010 when the rookie helped the Indianapolis Colts win the AFC championship.
- In addition, former Husky quarterback Tyler Lorenzen was on the practice squad for the Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints in 2010.
- Brian Kozlowski became the second Husky to play in a Super Bowl with the Atlanta Falcons in January of 1999. Kozlowski was the starting fullback for the AFC Champions.
- Nick Giaquinto, who played at UConn from 1975-76, participated in two Super Bowls with the Washington Redskins. He played in Super Bowl XVII in 1982 which the Redskins won and Super Bowl XVIII.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS