Jan. 8, 2014
The UConn Huskies will close out an eight-game homestand hosting the Robert Morris Colonials in a pair of Atlantic Hockey games. UConn is coming off a two-game sweep over RIT last weekend and is 6-3-1 in their last 10 games having won three-straight. The Huskies are all alone in third place in the AHA standings with 15 points. Robert Morris will close out a four-game swing through the state of Connecticut and comes in off a pair of wins at Sacred Heart. The Colonials are in eighth place in the standings with 10 points on the year.
UConn vs. Robert Morris All-Time Series... The Colonials lead the all-time series, 5-3-0. UConn and Robert Morris split their two meetings in Moon Township, Pa. during the regular season but the Huskies knocked the Colonials from the Atlantic Hockey playoffs sweeping their quarterfinal series at home. The Huskies posted 4-1 and 4-3 wins at home in Freitas Ice Forum to advance to the semifinals of the AHA playoffs in Rochester. UConn is 2-2-0 at home and 1-3-0 on the road all-time against Robert Morris.
On Tap... The Huskies hit the road for the first time since a late November trip to Canisius as they head to AHA leader Mercyhurst for a pair of games next weekend.
- UConn is 4-1-1 this season against the AHA's western teams (Air Force, Canisius, Mercyhurst, Niagara, RIT, Robert Morris). After two games with RMU this week, the Huskies have trips to Mercyhurst and Air Force left on the schedule. UConn was 7-8-0 against the six western schools last season.
- On the season, UConn is 7-1-1 when playing in the friendly confines of the Mark Edward Freitas Ice Forum on the Storrs campus.
- Seniors Brant Harris and Jordan Sims are rocketing their way toward the 100-point mark for their careers. Harris has 96 points (47g/49a) in 122 career games while Sims has 93 career points (32g/61a) in 127 games played.
- Freshmen Brett Skibba and Ryan Segalla each scored their first collegiate goals in the 6-2 win over RIT last Saturday.
- Junior Trevor Gerling scored in both wins for the Huskies and shares the team lead with Shawn Pauly, each with six goals on the season.
- The Husky penalty kill continues to blank opponents as they kept RIT scoreless in six chances over the two games. The Huskies have not allowed a power play goal since a 2-2 tie at Canisius on November 30th and have now killed off 24-straight penalties. The UConn penalty kill (46-54/.852) has moved up to 13th in the national rankings.
- The Huskies have allowed just 8 power play goals on the season, tied with Quinnipiac and Harvard for fewest in the country.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS