Radio - UConn IMG Audio Network, WTIC NewsTalk 1080 AM
Audio - TuneIn.com
Video - HuskyVision
Live Stats - Gametracker
Twitter - @UConnMHOC
Follow the Huskies
UConn fans can follow the Huskies all season on the official athletics website UConnHuskies.com, on Twitter @UConnMHOC, on Facebook at facebook.com/UConnMHOC and now on Instagram at UConnMHOC. Be sure to use the hashtags #AllAboard and #IceBus
- UConn takes on Northeastern in a home-and-home series this weekend. UConn is currently ninth in the Hockey East standings with 12 points with four games to play. UConn is winless over their last six Hockey East games (0-3-3).
- Freshman Tage Thompson scored his 10th power play goal of the season in last Saturday's 3-2 loss to Providence. Thompson leads Hockey East and the NCAA in power play goals.
- The UConn penalty killing unit ranks sixth in Hockey East at 81.7% (94-115). The Huskies have allowed just three power play goals over the last 11 games, killing off 36 of 39 penalties during that stretch.
- Senior Shawn Pauly is third on the team in scoring with 19 points. Pauly has had at least 20 points in each of his previous three seasons at UConn. He has had 81 points (27g/54a) in his UConn career.
- Freshman Max Letunov enters the weekend with 33 points, tying the UConn Division I freshman point record held by Cole Schneider (2010-11). Letunov's 15 goals has set a new program Division I rookie goal mark already this season.
- Letunov assisted on both UConn goals in last Saturday's 3-2 loss to Providence and has now scored a point in 17 of the last 19 games. He is averaging 1.10 ppg, tied for fifth in the league.
- Freshman Tage Thompson has 25 points, fourth among HEA rookies. He has scored a point in 14 of the last 20 games.
- Sophomore defenseman Derek Pratt leads the team with 65 blocked shots (2.17 pg), third in the league and tied for 12th in the nation.
Last Season vs. Northeastern... The Huskies were swept by Northeastern last season, losing on the road 9-0 and falling at home 6-1. Northeastern's Kevin Roy had seven points on the weekend, scoring four goals in the 9-0 win at home then assisting on three in the 6-1 win on the road. Zach Aston-Reese scored a hat-trick in Northeastern's 9-0 victory over UConn. In the loss at home to Northeastern, UConn's Shawn Pauly provided the only scoring of the weekend with his fourth goal on the season. Northeastern's Adam Reid and Torin Snydeman each scored a pair of goals at the XL Center in the win. Clay Witt made 27 saves in goal in the home win while Derick Roy stopped 30 to earn the road win for Northeastern.
Scouting the Huskies... The Northeastern Huskies come into the weekend as one of the hottest teams in the nation since the holiday break. The Huskies have lost just once since the calendar turned to 2016, posting a 9-1-2 mark (.833), tied for the second highest winning percentage in the nation during that stretch. Northeastern received votes in both national polls this week and come in at 6-8-4 in Hockey East, sixth in the standings. Junior Zach Aston-Reese leads the offense with 29 points on 10 goals and 19 assists. Freshman Adam Gaudette has come on strong in the second semester, scoring 16 of his 21 points since January 1st. Freshman goaltender Ryan Ruck has played in 26 games this season with a 2.26 goals against and a .913 save percentage, second among league rookie netminders.
Last Time Out... UConn got goals from freshman Tage Thompson and senior Shawn Pauly but saw their comeback bid fall short losing to the No. 5 nationally ranked Providence Friars, 3-2, last Saturday at home. The Friars got a pair of goals from senior John Gilmour as they sweep the weekend Hockey East series. Letunov assisted on both UConn goals to give the freshman a team-leading 18 assists on the season and 33 points, tying the UConn Division I record for rookie points in a season. After a scoreless first period, Gilmour scored twice in the second to post the Friars to a 2-0 lead heading into the third. The Friars held the edge on the shot chart, 28-24, but couldn't convert on their four power play chances. UConn's Rob Nichols turned away 25 shots in taking the loss.
Letunov Chasing UConn Rookie Records... Freshman Max Letunov is the Huskies leading scorer and is climbing the UConn freshman scoring charts.
- Letunov's 33 points is tied with Cole Schneider (2010-11) for the UConn Division I freshmen points record. He now tied for fifth on the program's all-time rookie scoring list. The all-time record in 43 points held by Dave L'Ecuyer (1978-79).
- Letunov's 15 goals sets a new Division I goal scoring mark for rookies. Andrew Olson (2007-08) previously held the record at 14. The program's all-time mark is 22 set by L'Ecuyer.
- His 18 assists are tied for second on the Division I list, two off the record held by Schneider. The all-time record is 25 assists set by John Guagliardo in 1987-88.
Hockey East Playoffs... With four games left in the regular season, UConn is still in the hunt to host an opening round playoff series. The teams in fifth through eighth place will host the ninth through 12th place teams.
- The Huskies are currenty ninth in the standings with 12 points, one point behind New Hampshire in eighth and two points back of Vermont in seventh.
- UConn can still finish as high as sixth and as low as 12th in the final standings.
- UConn is one point up on Merrimack in 10th, two points ahead of Maine in 11th and four points in front of UMass in 12th.
- The Huskies won the season series with Maine (1-0-1), tied with Merrimack (0-0-2) and lost both series with Vermont (0-2-0) and UMass (0-2-0).
- This weekend's opponent Northeastern is currently sixth with 16 points.