Skip to main content Skip to footer
Cyle Larin Named As Finalist For 2014 College Boot Award

Cyle Larin has been named as a finalist for the 2014 Soccer News Net College Boot Award.
Dec. 4, 2014

College Boot Online Ballot

STORRS, Conn. - University of Connecticut sophomore forward Cyle Larin (Brampton, Ontario) has been named as a finalist for the 2014 Soccer News Net College Boot Award, which recognizes the men’s college player of the year.

Larin joined forward Dominique Badji of Boston University as the other player to be nominated by New England Soccer News. Each of the editors of all eight of soccer news net websites nominated up to four players in their region, and seven additional at-large selections rounded out the rest of the 25 finalists.

Fans will have until Dec. 23 to cast their vote as many times as they want online HERE for who they think should win the College Boot. The online vote will count for 40 percent of the total towards the award, and the other 60 percent will come from a vote by the Soccer News Net Editorial staff.

Larin, the 2014 American Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year, turned in a solid sophomore campaign this past year for the Huskies, totaling a team-leading 21 points on nine goals and three assists. The Connecticut striker ranked first in the conference in game-winning goals (3), points per game (1.31) and goals per game (0.56), and his nine total goals are the 40th-best mark among Division I players.

The Brampton, Ontario native boasts career totals of 52 points and 23 goals, and he was named the American Athletic Conference Rookie of the Year last season after finishing with 31 points on 14 goals and three assists. Last month, Larin tied a career-high with two goals in the conference semifinals against Temple for a Connecticut team that earned its 13th-ever conference regular season title in 2014.


 

 

UCONN OFFICIAL STORE

UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS