Second Consecutive Second Place Finish For UConn Men
Duo Wins Decathlon, Pole Vault Crowns
Freshman clears 5.30m (17-04.50) to set school and meet pole vault record
UConn begins competition on Thursday in Massachusetts
Fowler, Eilers and Chapman post second place finishes on day two
Day one of competition at the inaugural American Athletic Conference Championship at Armory Collegiate in New York City.
2013-14 Outdoor (Sophomore)
- Finished 12th in 1500m run in New England Championship with a time of 3:53.06.
- Recorded a time of 14:47.58 while running the 5000m at the IC4A Championship in Princeton, N.J.
- Took home second in 5000m run at American Athletic Conference Championship, crossing the line at 14:24.38.
2013-14 Indoor (Sophomore)
- Finished 25th in the 3,00m run at the IC4A Championships in 8:18.92.
- Captured fourth place in the mile run at the American Athletic Conference Championship in 4:13.62... Also took sixth in the 3,000m run in 8:22.82.
- Earned second in the 5,000m run at the Sykes and Sabock Challenge Cup in 14:40.81... also captured first in the URI Coaches Tribute Invitational in 4:15.09.
2012-13 Outdoor (Sophomore)
- Finished ninth (3:53.48) in the 1,500 meter run at the BIG EAST Championships.
2012-13 Indoor (Sophomore)
- Anchored the DMR team that captured the bronze at the IC4A Championships with a time of 9:47.91.
- Finished 14th in the 3,000 meter run (8:20.93) at the BIG EAST Championships....Part of the DMR team that finished fifth in 9:52.61.
- Claimed third place in the 3,000 meter run at the New England Championships in 8:15.91.
2011-12 Indoor (Freshman)
- Part of the 4000m medley that claimed sixth (10:01.18) at the BIG EAST Championships... Took 17th (8:23.81) in the 3000.
- Finished 15th (8:23.89) in the 3000m run at the IC4A Championships.
Personal: A mechanical engineering major.