Huskies Claim First-Ever American Athletic Conference Title
Senior Discus Thrower Prepares for Oregon
Senior thrower earns trip to Oregon in the discus throw
Student-Athletes Will Compete May 29-31 in Jacksonville, Fla.
Second Consecutive Second Place Finish For UConn Men
2013-14 Outdoor (Sophomore)
- Won the 400m dash at the UConn Challenge with a time of 47.81...Ran the anchor leg of his team's 4x400m relay, resulting in a first place finish with a final time of 3:17.08.
- Won the 800m run with a time of 1:51.06 in the Specs Town Invitational.
- Captured third place in the 800m run in the American Athletic Conference Championship, crossing the finish line at 1:51.95...Also finished third in 4x400m relay after running anchor leg (3:11.33).
- Competed in preliminary round of NCAA East Regional for the 800m run in Jacksonville, Fla.
2013-14 Indoor (Sophomore)
- Set the school record in the 500m run to capture the individual title at the IC4A Championship with a time of 1:02.02.
- Finished in fourth place in the 800m run at the American Athletic Conference Championship after clocking 1:52.88.
- Won the 600m run (1:17.36) and helped the distance medley relay team win first place at the Sykes & Sabock Challenge Cup (9:54.20)... also ran the anchor leg of the 4x400m relay team that earned second place in 3:10.52.
2012-13 Outdoor (Freshman)
- Ran the third leg of the 4x400m relay where UConn captured fourth (7:36.60) at the BIG EAST Championships.
Before UConn: Attended the Boys and Girls High School in Brooklyn, New York... All-City, All-American and All-State... Captain and team MVP... Team won the National Championships... Salutatorian of high school and member of the National Honors Society.
Personal: A major in civil engineering.