Student Basketball Ticket Lottery
Due to high demand for UConn men's and women's basketball tickets, a student lottery is utilized to maintain a fair system that gives all students the opportunity to participate in the process.
- The lottery process is open to all UConn undergraduate, graduate and professional school students with a valid PeopleSoft ID (Student ID) as well as Regional Campus students.
- UConn students must enter the lottery to be part of the process to purchase men’s and women’s basketball student season tickets.
- The lottery utilizes a classification system (consistent with the Office of the Registrar class year standings) that weights class standing in successive order.
- The lottery is a random drawing from the pool of students that entered the lottery with winners announced in mid-September.
- Lottery winners have the ability to purchase season tickets.
- After the lottery purchase period concludes, all remaining season tickets will go on sale to non-winning lottery entrants on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
- There are four student season ticket packages that can be purchased:
- Women’s Basketball Season at Gampel Pavilion ($18)
- Women’s Basketball Season at XL Center ($18)
- Men’s Basketball Season at Gampel Pavilion ($54)
- Men’s Basketball Season at XL Center ($44)
- In addition to a student season ticket purchase, UConn students can buy a companion (additional) season ticket for the following:
- Women’s Basketball at Gampel Pavilion ($18)
- Women’s Basketball at XL Center ($18)
- Men’s Basketball at XL Center ($44)
UConn students who enter this weighted lottery will receive entries based on the following:
|Seniors (86 credits or more)||5 Entries|
|Juniors (54 credits or more)||4 Entries|
|Sophomores (24 credits or more)||3 Entries|
|Freshmen (fewer than 24 credits earned)||2 Entries|
|Storrs Graduate Students & Law School Students||2 Entries|
|Medical, Dental & MBA||1 Entry|
PLEASE NOTE: Credits earned are current as of Wednesday, September 13, 2017 as reported by the Registrar’s Office.
|Wed., Sept. 13||Online lottery entry credentials, procedures, timelines and entry link emailed to students|
|Wed., Sept. 13||Online lottery entry period begins|
|Fri., Sept. 15||Online lottery entry ends at 4 p.m.|
|Tues., Sept. 19||Lottery winners and non-winners notified via email by 7 p.m.|
|Tues., Sept. 19 - Sat., Sept. 23||Lottery winners purchase season tickets online|
|Mon., Sept. 25||Non-lottery winners purchase any remaining season tickets beginning at 10 p.m. on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last|