Jan. 15, 2013
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
AP Photo Gallery |
Photo Gallery 3
- UConn improves to 12-1 all-time vs. the Cardinals, including a steak of 12 wins in a row. The Huskies only loss against the Cardinals occurred on 3/17/93 in a 74-71 defeat in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
- Stefanie Dolson (5-7) and Bria Hartley (4-11) led all scorers at half with 10 points. Jude Schimmel led Louisville with six points on 3-4 shooting.
- After failing to record a block in the first 17:52 of the first half, the Huskies blocked 3 shots in the final 2:08 of the half – Kiah Stokes recorded two blocks in just three minutes on the floor in the first half. For the game, UConn edged Louisville in blocks by a margin of 6-2 and now holds a 92-24 advantage in blocks this season
- UConn forced Louisville into 16 turnovers tonight – it marks just the 4th time in 16 games that the Huskies have forced less than 20 turnovers.
- The Huskies now sport a 189-59 all-time record against Top-25 AP ranked opponents.
- The Huskies have now out-rebounded opponents in 148 of their last 170 games. Connecticut entered the game averaging 41.7 rebounds per game and recorded 46 tonight.
- Bria Hartley set a season-high with seven total rebounds, besting her previous high of six vs. Oakland.
- UConn has won 57 of their last 58 games played at the XL Center (4-0 this season). The Huskies have also won 53 out their last 55 contests played in the January.
- UConn improves to 15-0 when leading at halftime; Louisville falls to 1-2 when trailing at half.
- Stefanie Dolson’s 16 points mark the sixth straight game she has scored in double figures; it is her 12th double-digit scoring performance of the season. Dolson is just eight points from reaching 1,000 career points.
- The Cardinals entered the contest 8th in the NCAA in FG percentage (.471), but were held to just 23-67 (34.3%) on the night.
- The Louisville bench outscored the UConn bench by a margin of 24-13 on the night.
- Kelly Faris entered the game leading the nation in A/TO ratio (3.88) but committed seven turnovers tonight to go along with seven assists.