UConn - Villanova Post Game Notes
Jan. 29, 2013
- UConn improves to 36-17 all-time against Villanova, which includes a current 10 game win streak. The last Connecticut loss to Villanova came in 59-56 defeat on 2/28/04.
- With the win tonight, the Huskies now boast a 19-1 season record. It marks the eighth season in a row that UConn has opened its season with at least 18 wins.
- After the Wildcats cut the UConn lead to 29-14, the Huskies put together a 15-0 run, helped by six points from Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis.
- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis entered the game second in the nation with a 49.1 shooting percentage from beyond the arc. In the first half, Mosqueda-Lewis was 4-for-4 from deep and finished the game 5-for-6.
- The 44 first half points allowed by Villanova mark the highest total points they have allowed in any half of play this season. The Wildcats entered the game holding opponents to an average of 50.0 points per game (8th in the NCAA).
- At half, Stefanie Dolson lead all scorers with 15 points on 6-for-9 shooting; No Wildcat player had more than four points in the first half of action.
- From 4:30 in the first half to 16:53 in the second half, the Huskies missed 12 consecutive shots from the field.
- UConn improves to 19-0 when leading at halftime; Villanova falls to 3-2 when trailing at half.
- Despite UConn entering the contest forcing opponents into 21.3 turnovers per game, the Wildcats only turned the ball over six times (four in first half; two in second half). The Huskies committed nine turnovers in the contest.
- The Huskies have now won 59 of their last 60 games played at the XL Center, as well as 57 of their last 59 games in the month of January.
- The Huskies won the rebounding battle by a margin of 48-28. UConn entered sixth in the nation with a +11.3 rebound margin.
- Stefanie Dolson finished the game with 20 points and eight rebounds in just 21 minutes of play. In two previous games against Villanova in her career, Dolson put up a combined 10 points.
- UConn dominated in the paint, outscoring Villanova 30-14 and edging the Wildcats in offensive rebounds by a margin of 11-7.
- The Huskies have won 325 of their last 329 games against unranked opponents. The last time they fell to an unranked team was against St. Johns on 2/18/2012.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS