Feb. 5, 2013
- UConn improves their all-time record against Marquette to 9-0. The last time the teams met on 1/12/13, UConn pulled off an 85-51 victory on the road.
- UConn’s 15 three-pointers marks the 2nd most three-point field goals ever recorded by Connecticut in a single game. The record for three-pointers in one game is 18 (vs. Syracuse 1/17/09).
- The 57 point margin of victory is tied for 12th largest all-time against a BIG EAST opponent in program history.
- After Marquette started the game with a three-pointer, UConn went on a 19-0 run, which was aided by four Golden Eagles turnovers and two blocks from Stefanie Dolson. Marquette was scoreless from 19:25 to 14:29.
- The Huskies scored 33 fastbreak points in the first half compared to 0 for Marquette. Entering the game the Huskies game-high was 29 fastbreak points against College of Charleston.
- With 12 blocks tonight, UConn has recorded 9+ blocks in a game for the 5th time this season. Last season they blocked 9+ shot just four times total.
- All five UConn starters recorded double-digits. Overall, the Huskies had six players in double figures, which is the first time this happened since they faced Orgeon on 12/31/12.
- The 10 first half three-pointers recorded by UConn marks a higher number than they have recorded in 15 full games this season.
- Stefanie Dolson matched her season-high with four blocks in just 23 minutes of play.
- The Huskies have compiled a 327-4 record in their last 331 games played against opponents not ranked in the AP Top-25.
- UConn has now won 130 of its last 134 games at Gampel Pavilion – Since 1993/94, the Huskies are 238-8 when playing in its on-campus home facility.
- The Huskies outrebounded the Golden Eagles by a margin of 43 – 31. Entering the contest Marquette was ranked 4th in the BIG EAST with a +6.9 rebounding margin.
- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis led all scorers at half with 19 on 5-5 3PT shooting. No Marquette player had more than five points at half.
- UConn has forced opponents into 20+ turnovers in 13 of 21 games this season. Tonight, Marquette committed 22 turnovers and UConn scored 30 points off of their TOs.