Feb. 18, 2013
- UConn falls to 2-2 all-time against Baylor. The Huskies are 1-1 when facing the Lady Bears at home, with their only win coming in a 65-64 victory at the XL Center on 11/16/10.
- With the loss, Connecticut drops to 5-6 all-time against AP No. 1 teams, including a 1-1 record this season. UConn entered the game having won 14 of their last 19 games against opponents ranked in the AP top-five.
- Baylor’s win extends their win streak to 23 consecutive games, dating back to a 71-69 loss to Stanford on 11/16/12. The Lady Bears improve to 4-1 this season against Top-10 ranked teams.
- UConn’s loss snaps their regular season non-conference home game win streak of 49 consecutive games. Also, entering tonight, the Huskies had won 59 of their last 60 games played at the XL Center. Overall, UConn is now 133-13 all-time in their off campus facility.
- Baylor’s Brittney Griner recorded double-digit points (25) for the 106th straight game. In her career she has recorded double-digits in 136 of 138 games. She also reached 3,000 points for her career at Baylor, becoming just the 2nd Lady Bears player to do so.
- Brittney Griner, who entered the game averaging 7.7 blocks per game against UConn, recorded no first half blocks and finished the game with just two. The Lady Bears entered the contest with an average of 6.8 blocks per contest but were held to just three as a team.
- Connecticut’s Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis recorded a double-double in the first half. It marks her 2nd double-double of the season and 3rd of her career.
- Despite recording 15 first half offensive rebounds, Baylor only capitalized on four 2nd chance points. UConn was able to record six 2nd chance points in the first half with nine offensive boards.
- Baylor took 72 shots from the field, which is a new high allowed by Connecticut, topping the 68 shots taken by Syracuse on 1/19/13.
- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis recorded a career-high 15 rebounds, besting her previous high of 11 against Penn State on 3/25/12. She became the first play to score at least 20 points and record 10 rebounds in a game against Baylor since Tennessee’s Shekinna Sticklen on 11/27/11.
- In three career games against Baylor, Caroline Doty has failed to record a point in 58 minutes of action. She was 0-4 from beyond the arc tonight.
- From 12:15 to 5:30 in the 2nd half, Baylor was able to score on eight consecutive shots. The Lady Bears shot 61.3% in the 2nd half after shooting just 26.8% in the first half.
- Baylor dominated UConn in the paint by a margin of 48-26.
- Baylor outrebounded Connecticut 42-39 which marks just the 23rd time UConn has been outrebounded in their last 180 contests.