Game Notes vs. UCF
Feb. 19, 2014
UCONN vs. UCF Women’s Basketball
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
- Bria Hartley’s four rebounds put her in the company of Diana Taurasi and Maya Moore as Connecticut’s only members of the 1,500 Point/500 Rebound/500 Assist club.
- Breanna Stewart became the 39th member of UConn’s 1,000-point club with her twenty-three points tonight.
- Connecticut has improved to 2-0 against UCF all-time with the only other victory coming on New Years Day of this season.
- The Huskies now hold an all-time record of 224-100 in games played during the month of February. UConn has won 55 of their last 60 games played during the month.
- With tonight’s victory over the Knights, UConn has tied its fourth longest winning streak in school history at 33 games (11/17/96-3/22/97).
- Connecticut improved its all-time mark at the XL Center to 143-13, winning 69 of its last 72 games played in Hartford.
- Of the 208 halves UConn has played in the last two seasons, the Huskies have only been outscored in 11 of them. UConn outscored UCF in both halves of tonight’s matchup.
- UConn is now 322-14 all-time when playing as the nation’s No. 1 ranked team in the Associated Press Top 25.
- The Huskies’ current home winning streak has improved to 17 games.
- During the Joi Williams (UCF Head Coach) era, the Knights are 0-13 against nationally ranked opponents.
- Breanna Stewart of Connecticut led all scorers in tonight’s contest with twenty-three points, UCF was led by Zykira Lewis with eleven points.
- In the first half, Connecticut registered twenty-eight points in the paint compared to UCF’s two; the Huskies also scored ten fast break points, while the knights failed to register any. Connecticut’s twenty-eight points in the paint was more than the Knights’ first half total of 20.
- Connecticut totaled forty-four points in the paint on the evening, compared to UCF’s total of thirty-three.
- UConn’s Soniya Chong set her career high for rebounds with nine.
- Breanna Stewart tied her career high for blocks with seven on the night.
- After hitting four three-pointers in the contest, Connecticut’s Bria Hartley has at least fifty three-pointers in three of her four seasons with the Huskies.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS