Feb. 23, 2013
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2 |
Photo Gallery 3 |
Photo Gallery 4
- With today’s win, head coach Geno Auriemma became the second coach all-time to win 400 games in a single conference and the first to do so in the BIG EAST. Stanford’s Tara Vanderveer became the first coach to accomplish the feat when the Cardinal defeated Oregon on 2/1/13 for her 400th Pac-12 victory.
- The Huskies improved to 49-10 all-time against Seton Hall including victories in 44 out of the last 45 meetings. Today’s win gave UConn their 29th straight over the Lady Pirates.
- Connecticut is now 23-4 against Seton Hall at home and has not dropped a home game to Seton Hall since February 11, 1984.
- Head Coach Geno Auriemma is 46-2 lifetime against Seton Hall.
- Despite setting Seton Hall’s career record in three-pointers, senior guard Brittany Morris shot 0-5 on the afternoon for the Lady Pirates from three.
- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis joined UConn’s 1,000-point club with a three pointer with 15:33 left in the first half. She finished the game with 18 points.
- Senior Kelly Faris also joined the 1,000 point-club scoring 18 on the afternoon.
- Every Husky scored at least one point in tonight’s game against the Lady Pirates.
- Seton Hall fell to 0-3 on the season against ranked opponents and 1-9 on the road.
- Prior to tonight, the last time Seton Hall had lost by 40 or more points was 11/19/12 at Michigan; 60 points defeated the Pirates tonight.
- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis’ 16 points in the first half outscored the Lady Pirates’ total of 15 points in both the first and second halves.
- Connecticut’s Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis and Kelly Faris led all scorers on the afternoon with 18 points each. Ka-Deidre Simmons and Terry Green each had nine points to lead the Lady Pirates.
- UConn won the battle in the paint scoring 38 points compared to Seton Hall’s eight.
- The Huskies outrebounded Seton Hall by a 49-24 margin with Stefanie Dolson leading the way recording nine rebounds (six on offense and three on defense).
- Seton Hall shot a perfect 5-5 (100%) from free throw line, while the Huskies posted 11-19 (57.9%).
- Connecticut’s bench outscored the Lady Pirates by a 12 point margin (33-21).
- Final Score: UConn 90, Seton Hall 30